Industrial Engineering Quality Assurance Analyst - DAWIA level II 10/12/2017
NCI Information Systems
Fort Belvoir, VA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Travel:
Join our team and work directly to support our Soldiers (PEO Soldier SETA)
NCI: As the Quality Assurance Analyst on site, you will need to have engineering knowledge and root cause corrective action experience along with a background in hardware and manufacturing or industrial engineering. You will have an opportunity to serve as a technical authority for the planning, developing, organizing, evaluating, administering, and coordinating a quality assurance programs supporting the development, acquisition, production, and fielding of systems for a Product Manager (PdM) under the Program Executive Office Soldier at Ft. Belvoir, VA. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
* Ensure that contractors meet their responsibilities for product quality in the areas of procurement and acquisition for state-of-the-art systems and equipment for the PdM.
* Develop quality input for program management documents to include acquisition plans and strategies, source selection evaluation plans, supportability strategies, system engineering plans, statements of work, and specifications, and ensure appropriate contract clauses are called out in PM-SSL contracts.
* Coordinate with product managers, users, ATEC, and other Government agencies as needed to translate operational and mission needs into practical system concepts and specifications.
* Assure compliance with contractual scope, schedules, specifications, and other requirements, and when appropriate, recommend program and contract changes.
* Develop or evaluate sampling plans based on MIL-STD-1916, ANSI Z1.4, or other industry standards.
* Review and ensure adequacy of all test plans, procedures, and reports for assigned programs, for both Government and contractor tests;.
* Ensure effective root cause corrective action for all failures as well as adequacy of validation and implementation plans.
* Evaluate engineering change proposals and waivers/deviations for quality impact, and conduct physical and functional configuration audits.
* Prepare contract letters for Quality Lead and COR signature for review of all quality related contract data.
* Conduct audits of contractor quality management systems and system assembly and test procedures, to ensure contractor adherence to ISO 9001, the specification, and to all contract requirements.
* Evaluate contractor quality data, metrics, and process controls.
* Work with contractors to improve their quality system, processes and implementation of process controls.
* Conduct continuing review and evaluation of system performance through review of reports, correspondence, data bases, field data, product and process audits, and observation of internal operations.
* Provide Product Assurance Suitability Statement for material release;
* Ensure product quality deficiency reports (PQDR) are adequately addressed.
* Work with DCMA and monitor support provided on PM programs, ensure establishment of quality assurance letters of instruction(QALIs) and/or memorandum of agreement(MOA) where required, and review DCMA surveillance plans for adequacy.
* Active Secret Clearance.
* 4 year degree in Engineering or Related field.
* 5 years overall experience in electronic, mechanical, thermal, optical, materials, quality, aerospace, aeronautical or computer engineering.
* Strong background in understanding basic principles in:
* quality management,
* Six Sigma principles,
* ISO 9001 principles,
* configuration management,
* DFAR and DOD 5000 series regulations.
* Knowledge of acquisition and program management.
* Proficient in MS Office tools.
* Level II Quality or Program Management DAWIA Certification or equivalency.
It is the policy of NCI to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by federal, state, or local laws or regulations. In addition, we affirm that all compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, educational assistance, social, and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. It is our firm intent to support equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
The information above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within the classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.