Industrial Maintenance Mechanic I - GER02942
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/20/2017
END DATE 12/19/2017
Gerdau Long Steel North America
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Perform maintenance and repair operations necessary to keep plant, equipment, machinery, and tools in good operating condition; working in the many and diversified capacities required in maintenance.
Basic hand tools and mobile equipment will be used during the normal maintenance activities. Typically, this position will be responsible for performing rounds and checking machinery to ensure the machine functions are working within the normal specifications. When an abnormality is found this position will coordinate the repairs.
Judgement will be required to determine whether to replace or repair worn parts, amount of lubrication, selecting the appropriate hand tools, whether a pump, gear book, hydraulic system, pneumatic system can be repaired or needs replacement and planning of the daily work load. Duties & Responsibilities
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Work involves a wide range of duties requiring considerable care to effectively and efficiently dismantle, repair, lubricate, reassemble, or otherwise work on general maintenance in varied capacities of such areas as electrician, pipefitter, machine repairman, plumber, millwright, welder, and burner.
* Start, observe, operate and activate equipment to detect or verify malfunction or correction of same.
* Inspect, adjust, clean, or lubricate equipment as preventive maintenance.
* Tear down, replace, repair, install, and assemble equipment, parts, components, and accessories.
* Adjust mechanism such as feed, speed, power input or output and perform other duties and work assignments as requirements as required and directed.
Detect and report faulty material, environmental hazards, and/ or improper operation of plant equipment or machinery; refer questionable and unusual matters to proper supervision. Maintain work area and equipment in a clear and orderly fashion. Follow all safety regulations and practices.
* Participates in maintenance duties required on down days.
* Inspects and performs daily maintenance on all shop machinery, mobile equipment, and cranes.
* Performs data entry on all services performed (using SAP)
* May operate mobile equipment. Lubricates and cleans equipment as required.
* Services pumps, motors, cranes, hydraulic, pneumatic systems as needed.
* Repairs/replaces worn items as required.
* Perform welding, repair, and fabrication
Performs daily preventative maintenance, record and inspection on vehicles/mobile equipment to include fueling, cleaning, checking and adding fluid as needed.
* Assists in training of coworkers as needed.
* Operates mobile equipment and overhead cranes to transfer product/material while following all safety rules and regulations.
* General 5S activities in the work area.
* 3 to 5 years of heavy industrial maintenance experience in a manufacturing/production plant environment
* Experience with welding (arc/mig/stick), fabricating
* Performs maintenance to all equipment including mobile equipment, cranes, forklifts, excavators, skid steers, motor controls, gear boxes, PLC programming and repair, hydraulics and pneumatics
* Lean manufacturing practices - Six Sigma and or 5S processes.
* High School Diploma or GED.
* AAS in industrial maintenance is preferred.
* Reliability maintenance certifications are preferred.
* Verifiable maintenance technical training.
* Requires the use of shop mathematics together with the use of drawings, specifications, charts, tables, and precision measuring instruments
* Experience working in an industrial environment in a position containing a routine maintenance component.
* 3 to 5 years of heavy industrial maintenance experience.
* Advanced knowledge of the following maintenance disciplines: AC/DC motors, gear box mechanics, lubrication principles, welding, cutting torch, NFPA 70E, common maintenance hand tools.
* Intermediate knowledge of pump, gear box, hydraulic system, pneumatic system, wielding (mig, stick and tig) and rigging principles maintenance activities.
* Ability to climb stairs, climb ladders, reach, squat, tolerate prolonged standing/walking, balance, bend from trunk, walk up inclines, operate mobile equipment, crawl, kneel, pull hoses/ropes.
* Lift objects of various dimensions and weights.
* Ability to operate hand controls with both hands.
* Ability to operate foot pedals with both feet.
* Ability to perform sustained overhead reaching.
* Ability to operate vibration tools and equipment.
* Ability to work in cramped quarters and at heights.
* Ability to tolerate all environmental weather conditions.
* Ability to work in areas with the potential for high noise levels.
* Ability to tolerate swing shift work schedule (12 hour rotating shift)
* Bearing and gear box rebuild experience
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Salary & Benefits
* Medical and Prescription
* Health & Dependent Care (Flexible Spending Account)
* Basic Life/Accidental Life Insurance
* Health Advocate Services
* Employee Assistance Program
* Tuition Reimbursement Program
Additional Agency Job Board Text Application Process
Gerdau believes in equal employment opportunity related to all employees and applicants for employment. It is the policy of Gerdau that there will be no discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status. All applicants must be legally eligible to immediately work in the country of hire without current or future sponsorship
If you are vision-impaired or have some other disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Gerdau, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (866) 788-2798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.