Informatics Specialist 10/10/2017
Cotiviti USA, LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
RowdMap is a payer-provider, value-based analytics solution employing Risk-Readiness Benchmarks to assist health plans, physician groups, and hospital systems identify, quantify, and reduce low-value care. Payers and physicians use RowdMap s physician and population health benchmarks to create strategies that put the highest performing physicians at the center of networks and then design products, organize clinical programs, and coordinate sales and marketing around them. RowdMap was acquired by Cotiviti, a leading provider of payment accuracy and insight-driven solutions, in July 2017. RowdMap and Cotiviti offer adjacent solutions that together target over $600 billion of the estimated $900+ billion waste and abuse in healthcare expenditures. To learn more, visit www.RowdMap.com
The Informatics Specialist is responsible for working with big data from numerous public and private sources to populate our data warehouse and prepare extracts for analytic needs and client deliverables. The role will execute existing and build new, efficient data handling and ETL (Extract, Transform, and Load) processes. The Informatics Specialist must use cutting edge data management tools to design database structures, govern and document our data, and collaborate with and educate analytics colleagues. This role will use the Agile software development process to govern their work.
* Data Knowledge, Analysis and Transformation. Develops and utilizes a firm understanding of Healthcare providers, geography, client data and metrics. Identifies new and emerging sources of data in the Healthcare arena and transforms the data accordingly. Interprets, documents, communicates and collaborates with teammates regarding relevant data including its strengths, opportunities and potential uses.
* Tools, Systems, and Technical Expertise. Effectively utilizes the following tools for daily tasks: Smartfile, SQL and Wrike. Progression in the roll will require mastery of Datagrip, Lucid, 1 Pagers, Github and tower. Extracts, transforms and loads all data for Rowdmap (client, public and CMS) across multiple platforms and technologies.
* Process Execution. Applies the methodical procedures that underlie the acquisition, representation, processing, storage, communication of, and access to data and information. Explains and executes client roster load with precision. Explains and understands our database. Executes the load process for client, CMS, and Public data. Identifies, and executes process improvement projects to gain efficiency, improve quality, automate, or expand capabilities.
* Communication and Relationship Management. Actively and skillfully conceptualizes, applies, analyzes, communicates and evaluates information gathered both internally and externally. Explains and owns the intake and subsequent transfers of data from clients. Serves as the data subject matter expert, owning the relationship with the client s technical contacts. Builds strong relationships with the client strategy team, serving as the internal data subject matter experts and technical resources.
What we are looking for:
* Bachelors in Computer Science or related field required (equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered)
* Minimum of 3 years relevant experience, or combination of relevant education and experience.
* Solid grasp of SQL or equivalent language, proficient in data transformations, and familiar with multiple data formats.
* Strong knowledge of data warehousing principles and tools
* Appreciation for the Art of data wrangling with advanced critical thinking skills.
* Data and process governance. Must be able to build and run data processes that ensure high quality and timely delivery
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
* Ability to work well in an individual and team environment
* We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
* Cotiviti is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment without regard to gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity or expression, race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, mental or physical disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation..
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.