Information System Security Officer (ISSO) Level II-447 10/12/2017
Tysons Corner, VA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
Our Cyber Security Division is searching for an Information System Security Officer (Level 2) to support a government customer on site in Washington, DC. The primary responsibilities for the position are to support all activities that ensure the level of security documented with the security authorization is maintained at an acceptable level of risk. The nature of the work requires that the candidate demonstrate initiative, organization, responsibility, customer service skills, and the ability to be flexible and adaptive to a fast-paced, fluid business environment. The candidate must be able to communicate effectively and decisively with all levels of the organization and be able to solve practical problems as well as exercise sound judgement with regards to sensitive and confidential information.
* Proactively create, monitor and update the status of POA&Ms to ensure weaknesses are resolved in accordance to their scheduled completion dates
* Create of Waivers or Risk Acceptance Memos to assist in the effective management of system risks
* Conduct an annual assessment in accordance with guidance in the DHS Information Security Performance Plan
* Review and update security authorization documents as needed, but at least annually
* Coordinate with the customer s Privacy, Records, and Information Governance Divisions related to compliance documentation and other requirements
* Conduct Contingency Plan tests at least annually and updating the plan
* Perform system self-assessments as part of the customer s Ongoing Authorization program
* Monitor and respond to Information Security Vulnerability Management (ISVM)/Patch Management
* Provide audit support for assigned systems (Financial, A-123, FISMA, internal, DHS, etc.), throughout the audit (Pre, During, and Post Audit)
* Maintain knowledge of inventory in accreditation boundary
* Proactively ensure security requirements are included in development cycle (Waterfall, Agile, SecDevOPs)
* Use DHS and mandated enterprise IA Compliance Tools.
* Devise a plan to certify and accredit their assigned Information system or information systems
* Ensure CM processes are followed to ensure that any changes do not introduce new security risks
* Manage system Information Security Vulnerability Management (ISVM) Compliance
* Respond to emerging requirements or policies as set by legislation, regulation or policy
* Participate in DevOps Sec (security integrated into Agile processes) requirements for assigned systems
* Support annual assessments in accordance with guidance in the DHS Information Security Performance Plan
* Five (5) to ten (10) years of IA experience is required; three (3) of which must be FISMA-related
* Bachelor s Degree in related IT Field or Bachelor s Degree may be substituted with four (4) additional years of FISMA- related experience, for a total of 9 to 14 years of experience
* One of the following:
* Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
* CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP)
* Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
* Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
* Specialized knowledge of financial audit standards, classified system IA requirements and Privacy Act requirements
* Specialized knowledge and experience with the implementation of the NIST Special Publication (SP) 800 family of publications, particularly those associated with the Risk Management Framework
* Specialized knowledge and experience with evaluating system, network, or infrastructure security controls against requirements such as FISMA, FIPS, and NIST guidelines
* Knowledge and experience with the vulnerability scanning execution, assessment, and analysis
* Knowledge and experience with the operating system and network knowledge (i.e., Local Area Networks [LAN] and Wide Area Networks [WAN])
* Knowledge and experience with information security and assurance principles (e.g., Defense-in-depth) and associated supporting technologies
* Knowledge and experience with application security, database security, and network security
* Knowledge and experience with the implementation of the NIST Special Publication (SP) 800 family of publications, particularly those associated with the Risk Management Framework
* Experience with evaluating system, network, or infrastructure security controls against requirements such as FISMA, FIPS, and NIST guidelines
* Ability to assess and weigh current and evolving security threats in an operational environment
* Current experience providing ISSO support to DHS
* Experience supporting systems hosted in Cloud environments.
* Experience supporting systems in Agile and DevOps environments.
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: PUBLIC TRUST
LOCATION: THE CANDIDATE WILL SPLIT TIME BETWEEN TYSON\'S CORNER AND WASHINGTON, DC.
About SE Solutions Location
Strategic Enterprise Solutions, Inc. (SE Solutions), is a small business serving federal agencies that protect our nation s security and defend our fellow citizens safety. We bring homeland security experience, organizational agility, and multidisciplinary expertise to help our clients respond to a rapidly changing threat landscape, accomplish today s mission, and anticipate tomorrow s demands. For more information, visit http://www.sesolutions.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.