Infrastructure Operations Engineer - Process
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2017
END DATE 2/21/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONPost Date:
Job Title: INFRASTRUCTURE OPERATIONS ENGINEER - PROCESS
Location: BURLINGTON, MA
Salesforce Commerce Cloud (formerly Demandware) is the global leader of Cloud based (SaaS) E-Commerce solutions that enable the world's premier retailers to maintain a robust online shopping presence. We empower our clients to improve their ROI by giving them the tools to effortlessly design and deploy seamless E-Commerce sites across traditional web, mobile, tablet and in-store applications. Salesforce Commerce Cloud provides a highly scalable, integrated cloud platform that allows our clients to rapidly launch and manage multiple e-commerce stores, initiate unique marketing campaigns, and drive customer traffic across a global footprint.
Salesforce Commerce Cloud is seeking an Infrastructure Operations Engineer who will be part of the Process team. The team provides documentation, training and project support for the Commerce Cloud Operations Group. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing day-to-day/project support, as well as training and mentoring of other Operations staff as required. Ability to create training videos would be a plus.
* Oversee and manage the Salesforce Commerce Cloud infrastructure including our applications, servers, and 24x7 network.
* Work closely with Platform Engineering, Development Engineering, Application Support and the 24/7 organization to define process and procedures for day-to-day activity and Operations projects.
* Define and create scalable, repeatable documentation and worksheets for the operations group.
* Develop and deliver training to the Commerce Cloud Operations group.
* Solve difficult challenges and provide high level platform uptime and availability.
* Monitor conditions, recommend and implement changes to the production environment that improve the stability, performance and security of a large-scale Linux computing platform.
* Minimum 3-5 years of system administrator or systems engineer experience with experience managing complex/enterprise Linux environments.
* Ability to write clear and detailed documentation of technological solutions with attention to detail.
* Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
* Strong knowledge of TCP/IP network fundamentals.
* Experience with configuration management tools like CFengine, Redhat, Apache, Tomcat, LDAP.
* Familiarity with at least common system administration scripting languages, preferably shell and perl.
* Demonstrated the ability to help develop and implement governance and security processes. (i.e. Sarbanes-Oxley, SAS70, PCI, etc.)
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering or related field is preferred.
* Experience with hardware load balancers is preferred.
* Experience with SAN/NAS storage subsystems is preferred.
* On-call as needed.
Salesforce.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com.