Infrastructure Operations Engineer - Process 9/19/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Post Date:
Job Title: INFRASTRUCTURE OPERATIONS ENGINEER - PROCESS
Location: BURLINGTON, MA
Department Description :
Salesforce Commerce Cloud (formerly Demandware) is the global leader of Cloud based (SaaS) E-Commerce solutions that enable the world's premier retailers to maintain a robust online shopping presence. We empower our clients to improve their ROI by giving them the tools to effortlessly design and deploy seamless E-Commerce sites across traditional web, mobile, tablet and in-store applications. Salesforce Commerce Cloud provides a highly scalable, integrated cloud platform that allows our clients to rapidly launch and manage multiple e-commerce stores, initiate unique marketing campaigns, and drive customer traffic across a global footprint. Our model serves for an environment of constant innovation which extends to our technology and internal company culture.
Role Description :
Salesforce Commerce Cloud is seeking an Infrastructure Operations Engineer, who will be part of the Process/Training team. The Process team provides documentation, training and project support for the Commerce Cloud Operations Group. This is a fast-paced role that requires equal parts confidence in troubleshooting and instincts of when to escalate potential issues to our systems team. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing day-to-day/project support, develop/deliver training and mentor other Operations staff as required. Ability to create training videos would be a plus.
Responsibilities for the Infrastructure Operations Engineer - Process :
* Oversee and manage of the Salesforce Commerce Cloud cloud based infrastructure including our applications, servers, and 24x7 network.
* Work closely with Platform Engineering, Development Engineering, Application Support and the 24/7 organization to identify and define process and procedures for day to day activity.
* Develop and deliver training to Commerce Cloud Operations group.
* Define and create scalable, repeatable documentation and worksheets for the operations group.
* Solve difficult challenges and provide high level platform uptime and availability.
* Monitor conditions, recommend and implement changes to the production environment that improve the stability, performance and security of a large-scale Linux computing platform.
* Minimum 5 years of system administrator or systems engineer experience with experience managing complex/enterprise IT environments
* Ability to write clear and detailed documentation of technological solutions with attention to detail
* Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
* Strong knowledge of TCP/IP network fundamentals
* Experience with configuration management tools like CFengine, Redhat, Apache, Tomcat, LDAP
* Ability to develop complex scripts using at least two common system administration scripting languages, preferably shell and perl
* Hands on experience with large autonomous Linux installations
* Ability to perform performance tuning as well as deep troubleshooting and root cause analysis
* Experience with engineering tools like bug tracking and source code control systems
* Demonstrated the ability to help develop and implement governance and security processes (i.e. Sarbanes-Oxley, SAS70, PCI, etc.)
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering or related field is preferred
* Experience with hardware load balancers is preferred
* Experience with SAN/NAS storage subsystems is preferred
* On-call and/or shift rotation as needed
Salesforce.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com.