Inorganics - Microbiology Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/20/2017
END DATE 1/31/2018
ALS Environmental USA
JOB DESCRIPTION# Positions
ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation.
The primary purpose of this position is to follow methodologies, perform analysis, and interpret samples in the inorganics department as well as perform microbiology analysis according to method specification and client requirements.
Work Schedule: Second Shift
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Analyze wastewater and sludge/solid samples for microbiological and wet chemistry parameters.
* Follow appropriate methodologies and SOP s as required.
* Document activities and report results in a concise and accurate manner.
* Solve analysis problems as needed.
* Interpret samples and data
* Perform all quality control requirements associated with the methods and maintain appropriate records.
* Meets production levels on a daily and weekly basis in order to meet client deadlines.
* Able to work independently with little supervision.
* Able to learn new concepts quickly.
* Follows safety and security procedures regarding materials and equipment.
* Adaptable and able to change an approach or method quickly to fit different situations.
* Communicates information well to co-workers / team members to include all those involved in the decision-making process.
* Perform other duties as assigned and directedDemonstrated ability to be multi-tasked, organized, detail oriented and possess excellent problem solving capabilities;.
* Good time- management capabilities and able to meet deadlines.
* Strong computer skills with experience in Microsoft Excel and Word, and able to learn new industry specific software quickly.
* Good English verbal and written communication skills.
* Proven ability to learn new concepts quickly.
* Ability to work overtime.
* B.S. in Chemistry or a related field;
* Able to speak and hear clearly while communicating with staff, management, and clients.
* Able to sit, and /or stand for 100% of an 8 hour day.
* Able to lift up to 50 lbs
* Dexterity in hands and fingers to operate computer and other equipment.
* Must have average vision and able to see to read reports and operate equipment.
* Must be able to distinguish differences in color and shade.
* Must be able to perform repetitive motion actions.
* Must be able to withstand cold temperatures for at least 1 hour
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
"ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce which reflects and affirms the diversity of our society"
ALS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
EOE AA Minority, Female, Veteran, Individuals with Disabilities
Click the following link to view the EEO is the Law poster: