Inside Sales Manager 9/19/2017
A.M. Castle & Co
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
The Inside Sales Manager provides business critical insight and delivers excellent assistance and communication to A. M. Castle metal customers. The Inside Sales Manager will also be responsible for investigating the status of orders and advise Inside Sales Representatives and customers. A successful individual will demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively to Castle customers and investigate customer material claims.
The Inside Sales Manager will be based out of the office in PHILADELPHIA, PA and will report to the Branch Manager (Requisition #540).
A. M. Castle & Co. has over 125 years of experience as a leader in the metals service center industry. We provide exceptional benefits including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, 401K match, disability benefits and tuition reimbursement.
* Cultivates a culture of employee development by mentoring and delivering job coaching.
* Instill and motivating staff, individually and as a group to establish an effective team.
* Train new inside sales staff and evaluate performance of department.
* Guides and monitors staff toward its performance and goals to ensure employee s productivity and resolves problems as they arise.
* Addresses performance problems through corrective action if necessary.
* Oversees resource planning, reporting and communications for the assigned team
* Participate in recruitment of open positions, recommends / select the best-qualified candidate.
* Assess employee performance and recommend merit increases during planning cycles.
* Manages all inside sales activities to ensure achievement of established objectives for price integrity, acceptable gross profit margins, and customer satisfaction.
* Collaborates with key customers, credit, operations, and outside sales representatives to expedite and troubleshoot customer orders, facilitate new programs, messages and offerings.
* Handles escalated customer calls relating to complaints on orders, investigates basis of complaint, refers problems to appropriate personnel, recommends action to rectify problems, and follows up to ensure resolution.
* Utilizes and implement creative and innovative sales techniques, process, and tools to increase sales volume.
* Collaborates with other departmental management to facilitate relationships among members of these various departments and locations in order to achieve the organization's goals and objectives.
* Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communication, Management or a related field preferred. Master s degree in related field strongly desired. A combination of education and experience will be considered
* Intermediate to expert knowledge of a Sales Entry System like Oracle is a must.
* Microsoft Office experience is a required. This role is responsible for generating daily, weekly and monthly status reports; intermediate experience with Excel will be key.
* Exceptional organizational skills to prioritize competing demands
* Superior problem solving skills. The ideal candidate will have a history of demonstrating flexibility, resilience and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
* 7 years inside sales experience which must include progressive experience in a leadership role. Outside sales experience is a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Founded in 1890, A. M. Castle & Co. is a global distributor of specialty metal and plastic products and supply chain services, principally serving the producer durable equipment, oil and gas, commercial aircraft, heavy equipment, industrial goods, construction equipment, retail, marine and automotive sectors of the global economy. Its customer base includes many Fortune 500 companies as well as thousands of medium and smaller-sized firms spread across a variety of industries. Within its metals business, it specializes in the distribution of alloy and stainless steels; nickel alloys; aluminum and carbon. Together, Castle operates service centers located throughout North America, Europe and Asia.