Inspector - A Plating (2nd Shift Sun - Thu) 10/12/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Shift: Second Shift (Sunday - Thursday)
Facilitate the quality systems in the plating department. Specific duties include but are not limited to the following:
1. Operate and maintain inspection equipment.
2. Develop, update and control inspection standards.
3. Sample preparation and functional testing of plated product (i.e. gold usage, solderability, porosity).
4. Evaluate and maintain Statistical Process Control (SPC) charts.
5. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
6. Maintain a safe work environment and good housekeeping practices.
7. Actively support Lean/Six Sigma initiatives and programs.
8. Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
9. Dimensional testing of plated product
10. Finished Good Audits of plated product.
11. Support the plating operators in the review and containment of product quality.
12. Setup, debug, and maintain vision systems.
13. Functional testing of Blank Plate & Form product (i.e. insertion, retention).
14. Visual and dimensional inspection of BPF product.
15. Communicate quality status to tool room and operators.
16. Participate in problem solving activities (i.e. production support, PFMEA ).
17. Process start-up or change over quality support.
18. Maintain and update quality records (i.e. dimensional and functional test results).
19. Understand, support and contribute to current Molex Quality and Environmental systems by following stated policies and procedures.Education:
1. High School Diploma or GED
1. Associate Degree in Manufacturing Engineering or related degree program.
1. Two years Q.C. inspection experience.
2. Training and application of SPC principles
3. Computer software experience including spreadsheets and word processing
4. Ability to read blue prints.
5. Ability to lift 50 pounds.
6. Training and/or manufacturing experience in the use of quality measurement tools (calipers, micrometer)
7. Requires the ability to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
8. Good understanding of personal computer hardware and software including word processors and spreadsheets.
2. Good time management, organizational, communication and presentation skills.