Install Technician - Atlanta
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2017
END DATE 11/30/2017
Stanley Black & Decker
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Job Title: Install Technician
Department: Field Operations
Location: Atlanta, GA
About the Team:
Stanley Access Technologies is recognized as an industry leader in the manufacturing, installation and servicing of automatic doors. Our growing product and service offerings have driven significant growth for our service business. Join our world class team of diligent problem solvers, innovators, fresh thinkers and communicators who excite and inspire others. We are looking for energetic, detail oriented leaders that focus on execution, meet commitments, break through turf issues, and have a passion to exceed customer expectations.
Joining the Stanley team means joining one of the world s largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. As a division of Stanley Black & Decker we share a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn t stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company poised and ready for the future.
With over 150 years in business, Stanley is one of the world s most recognized and trusted brand names for tools, hardware, doors and home d cor products. In addition to joining a world class organization, as a member of the Stanley Team, you ll enjoy a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and solid opportunities for growth.
* As an Installation Technician Electro Mechanical for Stanley Access Technologies, you will install and/or service automated doors as required for Stanley Automatic Door Operating Equipment and other electro/mechanical equipment as may be sold or serviced by the branch.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* To install automated doors as required for Stanley Automatic Door Operating Equipment and other electro/mechanical equipment as may be sold or serviced by the branch.
* Perform installation and repair work as designated in profitable and proper manner. Record productive time versus travel time.
* Perform preventive maintenance work in accordance with service program designated for specific customer.
* Maintain accurately all work records and parts used at each job in accordance with established procedure.
* Keep updated on all changes/modifications to Stanley equipment and Ansi156.10 standard as notified through published communications.
* Keep manuals and all details up to date as changes are advised.
* Maintain company vehicles, tools and other property in proper manner.
* Present neat and clean appearance personally and in workmanship, in accordance with company policies.
* Maintain adequate parts inventory for service vehicle; keep inventory log.
* Test equipment before leaving job site; perform safety check.
* Maintain good customer relations and customer service
* Other duties as may be required.
* Assist and instruct others in install / service methods.
* Model, foster and drive the Stanley values including Accountability, Respect, Integrity, Vision, Stretch, Boundaryless and Speed.
Education/Experience and Skills
* HS Diploma or Equivalent is required.
* Associates Degree in related electrical, mechanical, industrial field preferred
* Prior experience servicing automated doors highly preferred
* Prior experience in the Construction Field installing door frames and windows highly preferred.
* Prior experience in the Electrical, Automotive, HVAC, or Communication Field a plus
* Prior experience as a Glazier installing glass doors or windows and carpentry experience a plus.
* Ability to read blueprints.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to work independently
* Clean Driving Record & Valid Driver's License.
* Ability to lift and/or carry weight from 50-75 lbs.
* Flexible work schedule is a must with the ability to work nights and/or weekends as necessary.
Why Stanley Black & Decker*
Stanley is committed to hiring and developing great people who have a passion for excellence and creating the next generation of products and services that will impact the world for generations to come. Because we are a large, global organization with many disciplines and locations, you'll have the opportunity to explore different roles. Plus, our continued growth constantly creates new advancement opportunities. We value our employees, recognize their talent, encourage their growth and reward their contributions.
Stanley provides their employees with a great work environment, a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, disability, 401k, ESPP, vacation, paid holidays, and more! Only those candidates who are currently eligible to work in the US will be considered for the opportunity.
Stanley Black & Decker is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.