Instructional Designer 9/19/2017
Saint Petersburg, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB SUMMARY
Do you have a passion for creating training that affects employee success and customer satisfaction? We have an exciting opportunity to enter the technology and entertainment worlds as an Instructional Design Specialist at Charter.
In this role you will be responsible for the design, development, evaluation and maintenance of Sales and Marketing training programs. You will collaborate and partner with various business units, project managers, and subject matter experts to conduct needs analysis and training solutions.
Working in conjunction with Learning & Development Leaders, you'll recommend and develop training programs in support of organizational objectives. You will also facilitate Training Certifications for all functional areas and partner to provide performance support for Sales & Marketing Delivery partners.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience through the development and delivery of training solutions for all Sales Channels.
- Design, develop and evaluate the effectiveness of training targeted to: Spectrum Business, Spectrum Stores, Retail Partners, Direct Sales, Spectrum Community Solutions, Community Sales Specialists, and Outbound Telemarketing (OTM) groups.
- Serve as a creative and planning resource to internal customers.
- Follow comprehensive instructional design process from needs analysis through implementation and post launch evaluation
- Participate in the design and integration of sales and marketing classes into a comprehensive curriculum for each business unit
- Create and implement evaluation plans to demonstrate business impact of all training initiatives
- Design, coordinate logistics, and facilitate Train the Trainer certifications
- Perform comprehensive needs analysis to assess a client s learning situation, expectations, resources, constraints, learning needs, learning gaps, and tasks in relation to the organization s mission and goals.
- Conduct training needs assessment, analyze and research the technology and infrastructure available to meet client needs. Present training options, delivery methods and techniques. Develop clear objectives for the training.
- Maintain current knowledge of latest industry tools and processes to ensure training is innovative, engaging, and on the cutting edge of training technology
- Contribute to improve team processes and standards
- Promote collaboration and partnership and develop solid working relationships with subject matter experts and all participants in a design project.
- Evaluate existing training materials and identify needs for future materials. Conduct reviews of new training materials
- Plan and manage instructional design projects
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisorREQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Skills / Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Knowledge of telecommunications or cable television products and services is a plus Minimum 4 years experience with E-learning programs: Storyline, Adobe Captivate, Articulate Presenter, or Lectora
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications specific to instructional design (i.e. word processing, spreadsheet, authoring software, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience with instructional design methodologies
- Demonstrated knowledge of adult learning methodologies
- Ability to work independently and be self-directed
- Demonstrated project management and project leadership skills
- Experience creating a project plan; Experience owning course development from beginning to end
- Ability to manage multiple projects to meet target dates for implementation
- Ability to quickly and effectively shift gears to meet changing business requirements
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Ability to work effectively on virtual teams and accommodate time zone differences
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to show judgment and initiative and to accomplish job dutiesEducation
- BA or BS degree, in Instructional Design, Human Resource Development or related field experience required
- Specialized training in instructional design methodologies requiredRelated Work Experience
- Instructional design experience - 4 years
- Project management and project leadership experience - 4 yearsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Skills /Abilities and Knowledge
- Skills in multimedia curriculum development
- Skills in graphic design, video editing and animation
- Knowledge of a variety of training delivery systems; classroom, online, web based etc.
- Skills in measurement and evaluation of training initiatives
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills and presentation skills
- Experience with platform delivery and presentations
- Demonstrated effective team player
- Facilitate partnering at a high level on all initiativesWORKING CONDITIONS
- Office environment
- Exposure to moderate noise levels
- Some travel required