Instrument Processing Technician - Night Shift
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2017
END DATE 12/20/2017
Truman Medical Centers, Inc
Kansas City, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
Truman Medical Centers, a two-hospital, 600-bed, not-for-profit healthcare system, is the largest and most comprehensive safety net healthcare provider in Jackson County and Kansas City, Mo. TMC serves as the pri mary teaching hospital for the University of Missouri-Kansas City Schools of Medicine, Nursing, Dentistry and Pharmacy.
Our Hospital Hill campus is located in the UMKC Health Sciences District: a premier academic health district engaging in cutting-edge biomedical research and entrepreneurship, delivering state-of-the science health care, and educating the next generation of health care professionals. Recognized as a critical area resource for advanced specialized healthcare, TMC is constantly working to deliver the best pos sible medical care for our patients. Quality, innovation, team work and attention to detail are at the heart of all we do. TMC s tagline is: Better. For Everyone. It is a simple state ment, but it has profound significance. It is what we stand for, it is the focus of our work, and it is our promise to our patients.
Personnel will be competent and able to work in all areas of SPD. Functions as a resource on decontamination, processing and sterilization of instrumentation. Performs decontamination, processing and sterilization of instrumentation. Assists in the daily preparation/fill for the surgical cases carts. Perform heavy manual labor to include receiving, storage, distribution and inventory control of equipment and supplies. Perform data entry computer work.
* High school diploma or GED.
* Successfully completed a Central Service/Instrument Technician Certification and/or education program, or completion of a Surgical Technology Program, or 5 years experience working as an instrument technician in an Operating Room setting.
* If promoted from within has completed Central Service Technician competencies
* Maintain Central Service Certification.
* Familiar with sterilization equipment and supplies.
* Ability to read, write and speak English clearly.
* Ability to input data into computer programs.
* Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. without assistance.
* Good customer service skills.
* 1 year experience working in SPD
10:30PM - 7:00AM