Instrument Tech 9/20/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Train for the healthcare career youve always dreamed of by joining our growing central sterilization team as an Instrument Technician!
As an Instrument Technician with St. Vincent Healthcare, you will be an integral part of the operations in our state-of-the-art operating room, assisting in disassembling, cleaning, disinfecting, assembling, sterilizing and storing procedure trays, surgical trays and equipment while also assembling case carts and filling the needs of the operating room for supplies and instruments.
Given this is a physically and mentally active role in a fast-paced environment, we offer a thorough hands-on training program, ensuring you have the right resources and support available to be successful as an Instrument Technician with us. This is a role that you can truly make a career, offering continuous learning, multiple certifications available, and room for growth. Instrument Tech positions take 10-12 weeks to train (22-24 weeks for part time).
We encourage you to take your career to new heights with us today!
In this position, the Instrument Tech assists in disassembling, cleaning, disinfecting, sterilizing and/or storing procedure trays, surgical trays and equipment and also assembles case carts and fills the needs of the OR for supplies and instruments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
STERILIZATION AND INSTRUMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
* Disassembles carts and follows Universal Precaution for decontamination
* Sterilizes equipment and instruments, wraps clean supplies and instruments, maintains records for all instruments and transports sterilized items back to the floor
* Assembles instruments and rechecks all instruments for cleanliness and/or impairment and properly checks power equipment with use of nitrogen
* Takes measures to allow for easy instrument tracking including maintaining the color coding tape on all instruments, properly using the instrument engraver, reporting and documenting all missing instrument and implants replaced in trays and properly handles loaner instrument tray
* Inventories and communicates the implant and equipment inventory status with the C.P. staff and the O.R. Charge Nurse including current order status, back orders and/or changes
* Appropriately responds to emergency situations by making sure that all emergency, trauma and add-on cases are picked properly and sent to the O.R. in a timely manner. Remains knowledgeable in the proper procedure to follow during a cardiac arrest in the O.R
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically within a multi-functional team
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
* Ability to successfully function in a fast paced, service oriented environment
* Experience in understanding and usage of computers, including the Microsoft Office suite, as well as the ability to learn applications relevant to the position
Qualifications MT-Billings/Surrounding Areas-Billings