Interagency SME Part Time
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2017
END DATE 3/1/2018
Obsidian Solutions Group
Joshua Tree, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONInteragency SME Part Time
Primary Location: Twentynine Palms, CA, US
Must be a U.S citizen
Security Clearance: Secret
The Marine Corps Tactics and Operations Group (MCTOG) mission is to provide standardized advanced training and certification to Ground Combat Element (GCE) Operations Officers, Operations Chiefs, and select other GCE training specialists in GCE operations, combined arms planning and integration, and unit readiness planning at the company, battalion, and regiment levels to support GCE Training and Readiness (T&R) events.
The Interagency SME will provide stabilization training, from USAID District Stability Framework (DSF) or equivalent. Mentor training audience in courses of action to mitigate for systemic causes of instability.
* Coordinate with exercise support leaders during training exercises and facilitate role play scenarios and other interactive learning activities as required.
* Teach how to evaluate the effectiveness of courses of action that the unit implemented, and how to modify activities to achieve more optimum outcomes (monitoring and evaluation).
* Teach how to identify resiliencies (whether they be people, events, or institutions) and the importance of supporting indigenous resiliencies to improve stability in the operating environment.
* Contribute to exercise orders, CONOPs, and operations process cycles across all six warfighter functions and social media.
Knowledge and Skills
* Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Knowledge of military operations and organizations to include military doctrine, tactics, and command relationships.
* Ability to research complex issues and develop comprehensive reports.
* Must demonstrate a good attitude and ability to work as a member of a team.
* Possess self-motivation and a high level of discretion to work effectively under a minimum level of supervision.
* Must be able to multi-task efficiently, work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects, and have a strong attention for detail.
Experience and Education
* Bachelor s degree required and 1-2 years experience in USG civilian agencies (e.g. DoS, USAID, DHS, U.S. Embassy country teams, DEA, FBI), Civil-Military Operations (CMO), or international organizations (e.g. United Nations).
* Certified in District Stability Framework by USAID s office of Civil-Military Cooperation.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
* Garrison work environment including but not limited to:
* occasional field/tactical environments
* occasional extended working hours will be required
* schedule: M-F 0700 to 1700
* May be required to travel OCONUS to conduct installation, training or maintenance.
* Domestic travel may be required for training and program coordination.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Obsidian Solutions Group (OSG) is a diversified consulting and technology company providing flexible and responsive solutions to federal, state, and local agencies and organizations. Our core domains are overseas and domestic mission support operations, collection/analysis/identification, and information technology. Obsidian Solutions Group is comprised of strategic and operational personnel who provide its clients deep domain expertise across a comprehensive spectrum of skill sets, allowing mission accomplishment and development of long-term capabilities.
Obsidian Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, any other non-merit factor, or any other characteristic protected by law.