Interior Designer / Workplace Interiors - Intermediate 10/12/2017
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Gensler is a global design firm, with 47 offices and 5,000 + employees worldwide. Gensler helps clients succeed by focusing on the needs of the people they serve, whether they are employees, customers, sports fans, students, passengers or guests. Founded in 1965, Gensler has deep expertise in design and architecture across 31 practices, including commercial office buildings, professional services, retail, aviation, planning and urban design, entertainment and hospitality, sports stadiums and education facilities. The firm also holds practices focusing on brand strategy, environmental graphic design, mission-critical facilities, and has recently invested in consulting for real estate workplace and sustainable design.
For more information, visit our website (www.gensler.com) or blog (www.gensleron.com), follow us on Twitter (@GenslerOnCities, @GenslerOnWork, @GenslerLfstyle), or like us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/GenslerDesign/).
Gensler San Francisco is seeking a mid-level interior designer to focus on commercial interiors for a growing, diverse client base. In this position, you will join a highly creative, collaborative team dedicated to innovative problem solving and design excellence.
* Collaborate on commercial interiors projects, including programming client needs, concept design, schematic design, design development, and manage budget/schedule reviews
* Develop space planning concepts and generate program documents
* Participate in selection of furniture systems and specifications
* Provide project team coordination for the finished plans, specifications, and material selections required for construction
* Work with consultants, contractors, fabricators, specification writers, and regulatory agencies to meet overall project objectives
* Participate in the construction administration of projects and review of submittals and finish samples
* Manage client expectations, and coordinate team and consultant communications
* 5-7 years of related experience as an interior designer POST GRADUATION, with a focus on commercial interiors
* Must be proficient in Revit
* Strong knowledge of the design process, including FF&E, furniture systems and specifications, color and materials
* Outstanding graphic presentation skills
* Willingness to focus on a single client with a variety of project types or multiple projects in various stages of development
* Ability to communicate design ideas and direction quickly
* Strong leadership, organizational, communication and relationship management skills
* Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, SketchUp and 3-D Studio Max preferred
* Bachelor's degree in Interior Design or related field
This is an excellent opportunity to pursue your design career in a highly-entrepreneurial environment with an industry leader.
If interested, please submit your cover letter, resume and work samples online.
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Gensler will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back Email Apply Now