Intern - Engineering 10/11/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY As a Ports America summer intern you have the opportunity to put your collegiate experiences and knowledge into action by working on high impact projects and within stellar divisions. Throughout your time you will be exposed to our operations; participate in informational sessions; collaborate with other interns and some of the best professionals in the industry. You will be introduced to tools and resources that will help you grow both professionally and personally. If you are excited about all of the above, then Ports America may be the right place for you!
Intern - Engineering
Location: Baltimore, MD
* Assist the Director of Engineering projects in organizing the existing project documentation
* Assist in creating and monitoring a filing system to archive and store engineering documentation of completed and ongoing projects, as well as potential project risks
* Survey terminal infrastructure to understand current conditions and upgrade requirements
* Become acquainted with the process of marine terminal planning, design, contracting and construction, as well as the interaction between planning, engineering and operations.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
* Pursuing a Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering, Logistics, or a related field from an accredited 4 year college/university
* 3.0 GPA or greater preferred
* 2018 (Fall) and 2019 graduates only
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Experience with AutoCAD
* Excellent judgment and diplomacy skills
* Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
* Proven leadership skills
* Enthusiasm and eagerness to learn
* Must be able to work in extreme outdoor temperatures, dusty conditions, and occasionally high levels of noise.
Ports America is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; religion; national origin; sex (including pregnancy); sexual orientation; gender identity and/or expression; age; disability; genetic information, citizenship status; military service obligations or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled