Intern - Service Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 2/20/2017
END DATE 5/6/2017
Gerber Technology, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
For nearly half a century, Gerber Technology has been helping companies around the world develop, manufacture and take their products to market smarter, faster and more efficiently. Drawing on a rich history of innovation, Gerber Technology s leading-edge systems help customers reach their optimum by maximizing productivity. Today, the company provides integrated software and hardware solutions to more than 78,000 customers in the aerospace, construction, furniture, fashion & apparel, transportation, technical textiles, packaging, wind energy and sign & graphics industries, including over 100 Fortune 500 companies in 130 countries.
Gerber Technology is looking for enthusiastic and motivated college students to be part of our Summer Intern program. Paid internships will last approximately 10 weeks between June and August 2017. Our interns will work on projects designed to help them gain real-world, hands-on experience working independently under a supervisor and mentor. They will contribute to project teams to brainstorm solutions and develop new technologies. We re looking for people with the intellectual, analytical, and creative ability to learn quickly, identify issues, and propose innovative solutions.
During your 10 week internship, you ll work with our Service organization to observe and perform various equipment service processes and procedures to drive customer satisfaction and ensure proper functionality of Gerber's equipment in the field. Assist in pre-installations and installations, repair activity, and assist in preventative maintenance. Also work on a project with Gerber's Environmental Health and Safety group to look at improving workplace safety improvements for Field Service Engineers working at customer sites.
What you will get out of your internship:
* Put into practice theories and concepts learned in the classroom
* Discover the strengths and development areas of your work-related skills, through constructive feedback, evaluation and supervision
* Improve general business competencies, including communication, team-building, organizational, problem solving and analytical skills
* Gain exposure to an industry and related issues
* Discover potential job areas, fields of specialization or areas of future study
* Currently pursuing at least a BS in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
* Current Sophomore or Junior enrolled in an undergraduate ME program; GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale desired
* Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Must continually strive to acquire new skills in relevant technology and business areas
* Ability to work both independently and in groups
* Ability to prioritize and set goals on shifting priorities
* Effective time management skills
* Prior participation in Engineering project or teams with demonstrated contributions, prior Co-op or internship, or other activities related to engineering and problem-solving a plus
* Housing not provided. Must be local candidate or able to secure housing.
It is Gerber Technology s policy to foster a workforce that accepts and respects differences. We provide equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, language, religion, age, sex, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, ancestry, citizenship, or political opinion. This policy applies to all employment practices, including recruitment, promotion, training and development
Gerber Technology, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national or ethnic origin, color, religion, gender, age, veterans status, disability, or sexual orientation.