International Tax Intern
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2017
END DATE 3/23/2018
BDO USA, LLP
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
BDO s Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Our Core Values reflect how we manage our work, our relationships and ourselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to our Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves day in and day out, both internally and externally.
The Specialized Tax Services International Tax Intern will be responsible for utilizing educational background and communication skills to perform basic legal research and analysis of various international tax issues, complete tax disclosures for foreign operations, coordinate foreign office correspondence, and prepare PowerPoint presentations for various clients under the supervision of more experienced Specialized Tax Services international Tax professionals.
- Bachelor s degree in Accounting preferred
- Enrolled in a Bachelors or Master s program in Accounting, Taxation or Master of Laws (LLM ) degree program other relevant field required
- J.D preferred,
- Actively pursuing school credits towards a CPA required
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience utilizing RIA, BNA, Lexis Nexis and/or Westlaw, beneficial
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to follow instructions as directed
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Seeks advice of appropriate superiors regarding issues related to compliance
- Ability to prepare simple tax returns
BDO USA, LLP is an EO employer M/F/Veteran/Disability