Internship - Advisor Network Sales
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 12/9/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob ID #: P23876
Location: Oaks, PA
Position Category: Other
Department: ADVISOR MARKET UNIT
Employment Type: Internship or Coop
Education Required: TBD
Experience Required: No experience required
Travel Percentage: 0
The Advisor Network Sales Internship is a segment of the SEI Summer Internship program with a focus on investments, Advisory services and sales. All benefits and programs of the SEI Summer Internship are shared with this opportunity.
We look for energy, curiosity and an aptitude for learning in our summer interns. As part of the SEI Summer Internship Program the Advisor Network has an immersive 10 week program for individuals seeking to learn the SEI Internal Account Executive (IAE) position. The Advisor Network is a leading provider of outsourcing solutions for financial advisors. Our program, beginning in June, seeks to provide a practical hands-on experience through working directly with various regional sales teams and with clients at every stage of the sales cycle to deliver a comprehensive learning experience of SEI, our offering, and the markets.
What will you learn or expand your knowledge of*
* The investment markets and the global economy
* Equity, fixed income, and alternative investment concepts
* A broad range of investment products
* How portfolios are built and ultimately used to solve the needs of end investors
* Sales processes, client profiling, presentation techniques, sales technologies and advisor technologies
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
* Time management between day to day responsibilities and the SEI Summer Internship Program
* Building relationships inside the SEI Advisor Network and with our Stake holders across the company
* Participate in active sales agendas with advisors, including the 2-day Summer Sales meeting, and rotating through multiple regional and lead generation sales teams
Innovative, comprehensive solutions for creating and managing wealth.
SEI is a leading global provider of institutional and private client wealth management solutions, including asset management, investment processing, and investment operations. Our wealth management businesses serve about 7,000 clients including banks, investment advisors, investment managers, institutional investors and affluent families.
SEI has been a leader and an innovator in the investment services industry since 1968 and manages or administers $638 billion in mutual fund and pooled or separately managed assets, including $245 billion in assets under management and $393 billion in client assets under administration. SEI is a public company and is listed on the NASDAQ exchange under the symbol SEIC. Visit www.seic.com to learn more.
Your SEI experience will be like no other. We Promise.
SEI operates on principles of openness, integrity, innovation, collaboration and work-life balance. These guiding principles inform all aspects of our business. They allow us to view trends clearly, question, think ahead, challenge convention, and ultimately produce comprehensive solutions for big business challenges.
We surround ourselves with art to inspire new ideas. We want to get close to customers, so we work in spaces that allow us to work closely with each other. We value accessibility and transparency and have removed physical boundaries to allow both to thrive. Our surroundings, our work, our community challenge us every day to innovate.
The Summer Internship Program acts as an excellent stepping stone into SEI s fulltime Associate Program.
* Currently pursuing a bachelor s degree in finance, economics, business or related fields, and graduating between December 2018 and June 2019
* Minimum 3.2 cumulative GPA
* Experience holding leadership positions
* University or community involvement such as with charity work, travel abroad experience, participation in various clubs, organizations or athletic groups, etc.
* Prior work experience, experience within the Financial Services industry strongly preferred
* Working knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
* Excellent communication, both written and oral
* Natural curiosity and inquisitiveness
* Perseverance when faced with obstacles
* Logical and analytical thinking
* Independence and proactivity
* Strong organizational skills
Profile of an Excellent Candidate:
* Innovative. Generates imaginative solutions through thought and action
* An Entrepreneur. Driven and creative with the ability to take charge of their own career
* Adaptable. Resilient and an agent for change
* Results Driven. Demonstrated work ethic and willingness to do whatever it takes
* Articulate. Communicates clearly and has strong interpersonal skills
* Responsible. Accountable, ethical and always acts with integrity
SEI reserves the right to exercise discretion with respect to the candidates who we will sponsor for work visas. Currently, SEI is not hiring individuals who require sponsorship for work visas for employment or continued employment.
SEI promotes an environment that is supportive of veterans and service members. Benefits for student veterans include mentors, flexible schedules and tuition assistance for qualified disabled veterans.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the work environment may require an individual to move around the office and from building to building which may expose the individual to weather conditions outside. The individual has to be able to sit or be stationary at a computer and use computers for extended periods of time and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The noise level in the environment is moderate and the individual must be able to communicate and exchange information with people in person and over the telephone and email.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top