Internship - Finance / Tax 9/20/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Interns thrive at JM because we give our employees the ability to do things they wouldn't be able to do anywhere else.
The Finance / Tax Intern position will be responsible with supervision for preparing, filing and payment of non-income tax base returns for U.S. and Canada including sales/use and Canadian value added type taxes. The Intern position will have the opportunity to learn about Johns Manville's business by interacting directly with other departments within the company
* Participate in preparing, filing and processing payments for non-income tax base returns for U.S. and Canada including sales/use and Canadian value added taxes
* Learn and work with enterprise and tax software systems
* Work with sales, customer support and other departments towards resolution of tax issues
* Update and maintain tax-exempt certificates
* Process property tax payments
* Assist with projects as assigned
Requirements: (education, skills and abilities)
* Pursuing a bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Finance or Accounting
* Completed at least three years of undergraduate course work and enrolled in classes for Fall 2018
* GPA of at least 3.0 at an accredited college or university.
* Experience with MS Office Suite
* Interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
The Johns Manville Internship Program is designed to provide challenging and fulfilling work in your area of expertise. We also offer additional opportunities from community service events, social outings, and intern seminars to allow you to give back, network, and gain a broader understanding of JM and its functions. We take a holistic approach to your development and are committed to providing a valuable experience for both you and the company. At the conclusion of the summer, all interns will have the opportunity to present their achievements to functional leaders at our headquarters in Denver, Colorado. We encourage you to find out why interning with us is such a rewarding experience by checking out the internship page on our website
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
JM has a long history of sustainable efforts and strives to continually improve our sustainability practices through a focus on innovation, productivity and leadership that ensures we meet the needs of current stakeholders without sacrificing the needs of future generations. For additional information please read our Sustainability Report.