Inventory Planning & Control Specialist 3
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2017
END DATE 12/9/2017
United Launch Alliance
Cape Canaveral, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Title
Inventory Planning & Control Specialist 3
Plans and Controls Manufactured and or Purchased parts in support of Launch Vehicle readiness, and for maintaining Ground Support Equipment. Uses MRP System to release Production Orders to support Operations for Installations, Engineering Design Changes and also releases Purchase Requisitions to Procurement for purchased parts. Resolves schedule, material requirement or business system problems with cross-functional representatives. Represents the Material organization in Customer and other Status reviews. Maintains Data and Systems integrity in the performance of Material Requirement Planning. Ensures properly authorized demands are supported in a timely manner. Coordinates interdepartmental activity with Warehouse Operations, quality assurance, manufacturing engineering, purchasing, operational engineering, inventory control, traffic, etc.; schedules and expedites the movement of parts by means of move orders, stock transfers and requests for shipping orders. Must operate in compliance with ULA Processes and Procedures to include Material Management and Accounting System (MMAS) requirements.
Functional Job Description
Safety to Self and Others: Must be able to perform all assigned tasks in a safe manner. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to repetitive motion injuries due to keyboarding or to cuts and bruises due to typical office accidents.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use computer and office equipment and to use hands to type, manipulate, handle, and feel; reach with hands and arms; talk; and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is typical of most office environments with telephones, personal interruptions, and background noises.
Mental Functions: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate verbally and in writing and use interpersonal skills. The employee is regularly required to prioritize, multitask, analyze, interpret, coordinate, compile, evaluate, synthesize, compute, problem solve, concentrate, and think critically. The employee is occasionally required to copy, instruct, and negotiate.
Judgment and Decision-Making: Work is regularly assigned by self, supervisor, and departmental staff. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to exercise prudent judgment, decision making, and analytical skills to determine manner and operational steps necessary to properly handle inquiries and perform daily tasks within professional standards. Decision making is guided by ULA policies and procedures.
All tasks described in the job description must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The duties and responsibilities listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of fundamental job duties and responsibilities does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment for the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Security Clearance / International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR) This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR). Therefore, all applicants must be U.S. Persons as defined in ITAR 120.15 (e.g., U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card holder) or protected individual. Also see 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20) and 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) for additional information.)
ULA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other categories protected by law.
ULA is a participant in the federal E-Verify Program.
Posters in PDF format pertaining to this program can be accessed by clicking on the links identified below.
E-Verify Participation poster (English | Spanish ) and Right to Work poster (English | Spanish ).
External Additional Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management or related discipline; and 4-8 years of directly related experience
- Experience in Material Requirements Planning, Master Scheduling, Materials Management, Capacity Planning or related fields; SAP Knowledge Preferred or similar ERP System experience
- Ability to function and adapt to change in a dynamic team environment
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to develop solutions to complex problems
- Knowledgeable in the use of Microsoft Office Tools
- Candidates must possess a valid driver's license and personal transportation to drive between work locations on a military base where public transportation is not available. Job duties require traveling between locations on the military base throughout the course of the day.
- NOTE: As a condition of employment, you must be able to obtain and thereafter maintain a favorable National Agency Check Inquiry (NAC-I) in accordance with Air Force Instruction 31-501 entitled Personnel Security Program Management, or an equivalent approval, so that you have continuous unescorted access to all ULA work locations (including controlled/restricted areas) to perform your assigned work.
External Preferred Qualifications
- Familiar with the planning, quality and operational requirements of the Aerospace Industry including ISO 9001a requirements
- Experience with Leading Continuous Improvement projects
- Proficient in interpretation of Drawings and Blueprints
- SAP Knowledge Preferred