iOS Mobile Developer - (Brentwood, TN) 10/10/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY NextGen Healthcare has a legacy of building software that improves patient care and reduces healthcare costs. Now, we re bringing the best of the cloud, social media and mobile to healthcare. Come build the future with us! Please visit our website at: www.nextgen.com .
iOS Mobile Developer (Brentwood, TN)
The Software Engineer's role is to design, execute, assess, and troubleshoot software programs and applications. This includes configuring, coding, developing, and documenting software specifications throughout the project life cycle. The Software Engineer will also oversee system startups in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide support to other departments where required.
* Develops, researches, designs, implements, tests, and evaluates software and systems, in conjunction with hardware product development, that enable computers to perform their applications, applying principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis. Analyzes software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
* Consults with hardware engineers and other engineering staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software and operational and performance requirements of overall system.
* Formulates and designs software system, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
* Develops and directs software system testing procedures, programming, and documentation.
* Consults with customer concerning maintenance of software system.
* May coordinate installation of software system.
* Research, document, and implement program requirements and specifications.
* Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications.
* Run and monitor performance tests on new and existing software for the purposes of correcting mistakes, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
* Administer diagnostic analysis of test results and deliver solutions to critical areas.
* Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of application development best practices.
* Gather statistics and prepare and write reports on the status of the programming process for discussion with management and/or team members.
* Determine, develop, and maintain user manuals and guidelines.
* Install software products for end users as required.
* Write and/or delete programming script to enhance functionality and/or appearance of company Web site and Web applications as necessary.
* Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades for optimal performance of company workstations.
* 6 plus years with iOS native app development
* Bachelor's Degree (four-year college or technical school) Preferred, Field of Study: Computer Science or related field.
* Proficiency with Objective-C and Swift
* Experience developing the UI and backend components of iOS apps
* Experience with CoreData and/or SQLite is required.
* Experience with offline support is required.
* Sound knowledge on various encryption algorithms is required.
* Working knowledge of using threads safely to optimize performance.
* Native iOS Applications targeting iPhone and iPad
* Experience building consumer applications with rich UI and great UX
* Experience with REST, JSON, XML and interfacing iPhone/iPad applications to server side APIs.
* Solid grasp of algorithms, memory management, object oriented programming, concurrent programming, and real time communications.
* Strong understanding of application architecture and object-oriented design
* Deep iOS development experience, with deep knowledge of best practices, APIs and libraries
* Experience in dealing with audio and image is a plus.
* Experience in web-socket programming is a plus.
* Must provide links to the apps on app store.
* Degree in Computer Science
* Experience with audio, video and image processing
NextGen Healthcare believes in strength through diversity. We are an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer supporting Diversity, Disabled, and Protected Veterans. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Because NextGen Healthcare believes in providing a safe work environment, we conduct background checks as part of our hiring processes