(ISOH) Guidance Counselor 10/11/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Requisition Number
(ISOH) Guidance Counselor
Guidance Counselor INSPIRE THE FUTURE!
K12 is a dynamic company on a mission to provide the most compelling, comprehensive, and effective K-12 education available. Our employees are a critical part of an organization that is providing powerful, new options for the way children can be educated. They have a passion for education and a drive to make a difference.
Passionate Guidance Counselors are needed at the K12 partner school, Insight School of Ohio (ISOH). We want you to be a part of our talented team! The mission of the Insight School of Ohio is to provide an exemplary individualized and engaging educational experience for students by incorporating school and community/family partnerships coupled with a rigorous curriculum along with a data-driven and student-centered instructional model. Student success will be measured by valid and reliable assessment data, parent and student satisfaction, and continued institutional growth within the academic community. Join us!
AS A GUIDANCE COUNSELOR, YOU WILL...
* Deliver guidance curriculum supporting student development
* Analyze student data and develop data driven programs for intervention action plans
* Provide responsive services to individuals or groups on academic and personal issues
* Provide an individual planning system to guide students toward postsecondary goals
* Assist students in the acquisition of study skills, academic opportunities and benefits
* Provide system support to strengthen the efforts of teachers, staff, and parents
* Support standardized testing program; parent education; staff development
Get to know ISOH!
* Insight School of Ohio
* Behind the Scenes
* A Day in the Life
Are you driven by excellence to deliver instruction, support and guidance, manage the learning process, and focus on students individual needs* If selected, you will participate in a comprehensive new teacher training program for three weeks before the start of school. It is an opportunity to meet colleagues and learn the responsibilities required for delivering curriculum in an online environment. During this training you will also learn how to monitor student progress through K12 s learning management system, and to be a partner actively working with students and parents to advance each child s learning.
* 3+ years advising, teaching or School Guidance Counselor experience preferred
* Bachelor s degree
* Appropriate state certification: Ohio School Guidance Counselor certification
* Proficient in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
* Experience in a customer service environment
* Strong written/verbal communication skills
* Flexible schedule
* Ability to pass required background and/or fingerprinting checks
* Experience coordinating academically-oriented clubs and extracurricular activities
* Ability to travel at least once per month within and between assigned geographic areas to support students, attend regularly scheduled meetings, and participate in school activities, open houses and orientations.
* Experience working with the proposed age group
* Experience with distance learning
* Advanced coursework in counseling and administration
* An ability to learn new technology tools quickly (e.g., database and web-based tools)
* An ability to support and guide adults as well as students
WHO ARE WE*
* About Us
* K12 Produces Results
* Kudos and Honors
K12 is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Send This Job to a Friend