IT Architect - Digital 9/17/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PRIMARY CHARACTERISTICS
Application Architect is responsible for contributing to the development and documentation of application architecture solutions, standards, best practices and the governance process. This includes designing architecture for application development projects, researching and developing new technologies, as well as evaluating and recommending software and solutions.
* Publishes software architecture principles and standards, position papers, best practices, patterns and frameworks
* Serves as a technical expert on assigned systems or projects
* Provides continuously evolving architectural designs to support fast-paced agile development teams
* Analyzes existing systems, processes and architectures to make recommendations for improvement
* Communicates system architecture to technical and business audiences
* Researches and develops new technologies, evaluate tools and software, and implement working prototypes to improve current processes and build new capabilities
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
* Strong knowledge of OOD, design patterns, and software architecture
* Experience building, documenting and presenting conceptual, logical and physical architectural models
* Ability to quickly learn new vendor platforms and services for integration into existing systems and processes
* Experience designing and securing high-transactional, fault-tolerant web applications and web services
* Experience building API Gateways and REST API specifications using RAML with tools such as MuleSoft
* Experience building an event-driven architecture using messaging technologies such as Apache Kafka
* Experience building and implementing rules-driven workflow systems
* Senior level expertise programming in Java (Spring) and/or C# (.NET Core)
* Working knowledge of single page application development using Angular and TypeScript
* Working knowledge of tools and processes in support of source control (Git), continuous integration (Jenkins), automated testing, and continuous deployment
* Working knowledge of building and deploying containerized web applications/services using technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, and OpenShift
* Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
* Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, highly entrepreneurial work environment
* Ability to communicate to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization
* Positive outlook, strong work ethic, and responsiveness to internal and external customers
* Willingness and ability to fulfill the role of teacher, mentor and coach
* Familiarity with networking, computing platform, storage, database, security, middleware, network and systems management, and related infrastructure technologies and practices
* Knowledge of architecture and systems integration concepts and frameworks
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's degree required or equivalent experience as defined below
* Bachelor's degree holders must possess experience working on 5+ large scale software architecture efforts. Non degree holders must possess experience working on 9+ large scale software architecture efforts
* Relevant Software Development and Architecture Certifications preferred
* Experience in the financial services industry preferred
EverBank is more than just a bank; it's the evolution of an idea. Traditional financial institutions had become wasteful, inflexible and stuck in the past. We thrive because we adapt, transform and push forward despite the ever-changing financial environment. From our headquarters in Jacksonville, FL, we continue to gauge our success on that of our clients' while seeking new opportunities to help them reach and surpass their goals.
Pre-Employment Screening May Include:
* Credit Check
* Criminal Background Check
* DMV Check
* Past Employment Verification
* Social Security Verification
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified, and they may change at any time.
The future of banking just got a lot brighter for individuals, businesses and institutions across the country, as EverBank is now a proud part of the TIAA family. In addition to jobs at EverBank, search our careers at TIAA too: http://careers.tiaa.org/ .
EverBank is an equal opportunity employer. No associate or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, creed, ethnicity, color, age, religion, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions where applicable), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, requesting a reasonable accommodation based on mental or physical disability, medical condition (as defined by applicable law), genetic history and information, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance or regulation.
EverBank is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment or contractor opportunities. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at EverBank via e-mail, the Internet, or directly to hiring managers at EverBank in any form without valid written search agreements executed by the VP, Talent Acquisition for that specific position will be deemed the sole property of EverBank, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by EverBank as a result of the referral or through other means.
EverBank will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by EverBank, or (c) consistent with EverBank's legal duty to furnish information.