IT Database Engineer 9/16/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Post Date:
IT Database Engineer
As a Database Engineer at Salesforce IT, you will be part of a dynamic global team delivering and supporting technology infrastructure to meet the growth needs of the business. You will be involved in database projects that will optimize current services as well as work on building next generation cloud infrastructure for the global production environment. You will collaborate with the Engineering and Development teams to ensure the designed service is fully operational with streamlined process and procedures for ongoing support and maintenance.
Successful candidates will be recognized as technical experts in the Database Administration discipline and will have the ability to articulate and demonstrate both deep and broad knowledge across multiple areas of information technology. We are looking for innovative and enthusiastic technologists who thrive on efficiency by contributing to the development of standards, processes, and automation requirements that lead to operational excellence. To be successful, you have to be an excellent team player and self motivated person who can carry out duties with minimal supervision.
This role will specifically focus on handling Oracle e Business Suite (R12) & other large databases within IT. The ideal candidate will have 4+ years work experience as an Oracle Apps DBA. The candidate must have experience with Oracle RAC 11g/12c, Data Guard, RMAN and Oracle Utilities in UNIX environments. Additionally the candidate must have experience with configuration, sizing and space management, complex SQL tuning, diagnostics, and proficient with the use of Oracle's Enterprise Manager tool, must have experience opening, managing, and resolving Oracle TAR's. Any additional experience with non Oracle Database technologies like MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server and/or middle ware/application servers is a big plus.
* 4 years+ of experience with Oracle Apps DBA functions with R12
* 4 years+ experience in managing major RDBMS systems (Oracle and/or MySQL)
* 2 years+ experience in implementing and supporting complex systems with clustering, replication
* Familiar with DB and application monitoring tools
* Familiar with scripting language, can develop and automate predefined work independently
* Can manage multiple assigned tasks independently
* Must be willing to work on-call as part of regular work schedule or off hours when required.
* Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
* Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
* Determines methods and procedures on new assignments, and may provide guidance to others.
* You understand the customers' needs and can propose business solutions. You build productive relationships with peers both internal and external to Technology.
* You are vigilant about operational and procedural enhancement opportunities to maximize the efficiency of your team, leveraging automation and integrations.
* You are well versed at project lifecycle and are beginning to take larger responsibilities in one or two medium size projects. You work with vendors to develop solutions.
* 4 year college degree or equivalent
* Experience in administration of any one of non Oracle databases (i.e.MySQL, PostgreSQL)
SALESFORCE, THE CUSTOMER SUCCESS PLATFORM AND WORLD\'S #1 CRM, EMPOWERS COMPANIES TO CONNECT WITH THEIR CUSTOMERS IN A WHOLE NEW WAY. THE COMPANY WAS FOUNDED ON THREE DISRUPTIVE IDEAS: A NEW TECHNOLOGY MODEL IN CLOUD COMPUTING, A PAY-AS-YOU-GO BUSINESS MODEL, AND A NEW INTEGRATED CORPORATE PHILANTHROPY MODEL. THESE FOUNDING PRINCIPLES HAVE TAKEN OUR COMPANY TO GREAT HEIGHTS, INCLUDING BEING NAMED ONE OF FORBES\'S "WORLD\'S MOST INNOVATIVE COMPANY" SIX YEARS IN A ROW AND ONE OF FORTUNE\'S "100 BEST COMPANIES TO WORK FOR" NINE YEARS IN A ROW. WE ARE THE FASTEST GROWING OF THE TOP 10 ENTERPRISE SOFTWARE COMPANIES, AND THIS LEVEL OF GROWTH EQUALS INCREDIBLE OPPORTUNITIES TO GROW A CAREER AT SALESFORCE. TOGETHER, WITH OUR WHOLE OHANA (HAWAIIAN FOR "FAMILY") MADE UP OF OUR EMPLOYEES, CUSTOMERS, PARTNERS AND COMMUNITIES, WE ARE WORKING TO IMPROVE THE STATE OF THE WORLD.
Salesforce.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com.