IT Security Specialist, Sr II 9/19/2017
Mountain View, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Team:
Synopsys' Security Services group is responsible for managing information and infrastructure security, monitoring, incident response and risk management. This position will engage directly into these operational aspects as well as engineer solutions to drive security throughout the company.
What you will be doing:
You will join a team of security engineers designing and improving security solutions for our corporate and customer environments. This team drives security initiatives and serves as a technical resource to IT and Business Units to implement security controls to protect our data and infrastructure. This will require your abilities and experience to work strategically with all levels of employees and comprehend security at scale while considering implications to the entire Synopsys ecosystem. You will partner closely with IT and Business Units to ensure security practices are integrated within their networks, systems, and applications, both on- and off-prem.
Key areas where you will contribute:
* Design or build enterprise defense solutions to protect customer and Synopsys data, identities and networks
* Evaluate complex business and technical requirements, and communicate inherent security risks and solutions to technical and non-technical business owners
* Lead the design, implementation, support, and evaluation of security-focused tools and services
* Threat hunting, using intelligence feeds for correlation and analysis to identify and mitigate threats to our environment
* Report and articulate risks in the environment, to technical teams and executive management
* Perform offensive tasks to identify vulnerabilities and leverage a mindset that enjoys figuring out ways to circumvent controls
* Incident response collect, analyze and present incident data to the team and management
* Research, assess vulnerabilities and partner with IT and BU teams to apply controls
* Establish consistent project management processes, standards and guidelines in the execution of program wide security efforts
* Stay current on emerging security threats, vulnerabilities and controls.
* B.S/B.A in Computer Science or technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
* 7+ years hands-on experience in security operations, architecture, incident response, or security management.
* Security operations and design experience with firew alls, IDS/IPS, SIEM platforms.
* Prior experience in an internet-facing technical operations or security role.
* Ability to create tools and automate processes.
* Strong troubleshooting skills that span systems, network, and code.
* Experience securing multi-tenant services, architecting controls for cloud systems
* Demonstrated programming skills in one or more of : Python, Perl, Ruby, Java, C.
* Strong ability to document and communicate risks, recommendations, and incident data to technical stakeholders
* Application of cryptography concepts and modern authentication systems
* Performs critical thinking and thoroughly comprehends defense-in-depth concepts