IT Test Analyst III
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 12/23/2017
Kansas City, MO
JOB DESCRIPTION21764 IT Test Analyst III (Open)
Grade 09 ----------------------------------------------------------------------
Location: 1000 Walnut St, Kansas City, Missouri 64106 ----------------------------------------------------------------------
How would you like to work for a great company that offers career growth and values your skills and experience? For over 150 years, Commerce Bank has built a strong reputation as a Super Community bank and is recognized as an industry leader. In today's growing and competitive financial services industry, we look for creative and innovative solutions to meet the needs of our customers. To achieve our results, we recruit the best and brightest employees who ask, listen and solve to meet our customers' needs!
Work Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
This position supports the strategic direction of the business by providing manual and automated testing services to assure the quality for the migration of legacy applications to a new platform. You will contribute to the project team, testing the product and processes through all phases of the SDLC while ensuring compliance with organizational standards and industry best practices.
Successful candidates must be a self-starter possessing a broad base of analytical, technical and problem solving skills, superior organizational skills as well as the ability to work effectively in a fluid, fast-paced environment. This role requires demonstrated leadership skills; organizing and ensuring testing related activities are planned and executed to achieve project deliverables. Successful candidates will also have strong skills in mentoring team members, solid communication skills, be highly collaborative and have proven elicitation and facilitation skills in addition to robust documentation skills.
The Test Analyst must be able to work with minimal supervision on medium to large sized projects. Candidates must possess experience working as part of an Agile Scrum or XP team and be experienced in developing and executing test cases, performing various types of testing throughout the project. We are seeking candidates who have three or more years of recent hands on experience in both manual and test automation utilizing both the HP Test Management tool and HP UFT, including API testing. Experience working in a continuous integration environment utilizing open source frameworks and Selenium Web Driver and SOAP UI is also desired.
Key responsibilities will include:
*Provide test leadership supporting Core Transformation project
*Participate in the Requirements Definition and Data Mapping Activities
*Work with team and develop overall test plan and strategy
*Work with Middleware and Application teams to understand and Identify Business Rules to support Web Service Testing
*Develop Strategy and Architecture for Test Automation development leveraging HP UFT Service Test Capabilities
*Train and provide testing and domain knowledge transfer to project resources
*Actively participate by contributing to automation and manual testing activities, including development of reusable regression test suites
*Use Care Creation and Review
*Test plan/test case creation, review and maintenance
*Test data identification, creation and maintenance
*Test automation (UFT/Service Test) design, creation and maintenance with a goal of 75% or greater automation coverage
*Creation and maintenance of test automation documentation
*Participate in test case (manual/automated) peer review
*Defect lifecycle management
*Actively monitor and report on testing progress and mile stones
*Assist Team Lead in provide leadership and guidance to project's testing effort and test team members
*Provide knowledge transfer, training and support of application, testing best practices and tool utilization
*Assist Team Lead in preparing testing progress reporting
*Actively seek and initiate recommendations for process improvements
Preferred Applicants will have:
* 3+ years direct experience testing web based applications, inclusive of Functional, UI, API, Integration and OAT testing.
* 3+ years proven experience designing, writing, executing, debugging and maintaining medium to complex level test automation scripts utilizing HP UFT
* 2+ years direct experience in providing test team leadership for medium and large sized projects
* 3+ years proven experience utilizing VB Script
* 1+ years experience utilizing Selenium; utilizing Java or C#
* 1+ years experience working in a continuous integration environment
* 1+ years experience developing and performing queries against a SQL database environment
* 2+ years experience working on an Agile XP team
* 2+ years experience testing web based applications
* Skills in requirements elicitation, design analysis and interpretation
* Skills in facilitation, distilling feedback and documenting results
* Skills in creating best practice infused test plans and test scripts
* Skills in test execution, evaluation and reporting of results
* Skills in defect identification and documentation
* Skills using service virtualization tools
* 3-4 years banking or financial services industry preferred but not required; Temenos T24 experience a plus