IT TRAINEE I 9/20/2017
Global Connection to Employment
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION/JOB SUMMARY
This position is an Ability One contract that requires most of the work hours are performed by employees with disabilities. Due to program requirements, this particular position needs to be filled by a person meeting the Ability One criteria.
The IT Trainee I Training and Certifications: A curriculum of training courses leading to certifications will be assigned. This curriculum will target knowledge growth for specific software development skills required for entry level software development positions. Training will be delivered via both virtual and face-to-face methods, and may be conducted independently or in groups. Coaching and mentoring: Each trainee will be guided in the trainee curriculum by a training manager. In addition, a mentor in the targeted software development function will be assigned as a resource for questions and to provide insight into on-the-job requirements. On-the-job experience: As part of the curriculum, trainees will be assigned tasks utilizing the software development skills gained in the training curriculum. Trainee will be required to operate computer and peripheral equipment to process business, scientific, engineering, or other data, according to operating instructions: Enters commands, using keyboard of computer terminal, and presses buttons and flips switches on computer and peripheral equipment, such as tape drive, printer, data communications equipment, and plotter, to integrate and operate equipment, following operating instructions and schedule. Loads peripheral equipment with selected materials, such as tapes and printer paper for operating runs, or oversees loading of peripheral equipment by peripheral equipment operators. Enters commands to clear computer system and start operation, using keyboard of computer terminal.
* High School Diploma. Interest and aptitude to develop skills to support information technology functions.
* Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
* Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
* Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements.
* Must be a US Citizen.
* Preferred: Bachelor s Degree or equivalent experience.
* Understanding of Object Oriented programming concepts.
* Familiarity with Java and PL/SQL. Experience with Oracle or other relational databases.
* Basic web development background.
* Must be a US Citizen.
* Occasionally required to lift 5 40 pounds.
* Must be able to sit at a computer and stand for extended periods of time.
* Must be able to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; must be able to reach with hands and arms.
* Must be able to communicate verbally and to hear.
* Must have close and classroom vision.
Interested applicants please visit our Career Center @ www.gce.org and complete our on-line applications. Our toll free number is (866) 236-3981.
Global Connections to Employment, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug Free Workplace Employer, DRUG TESTING REQUIRED