ITSM Configuration Management Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/8/2017
END DATE 2/15/2018
Mountain View, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONConfiguration Management Analyst will participate in the governance of SACM processes related to procurement, receiving, deployment, tracking, retirement, and disposal of IT assets. This includes reviewing the performance of process execution and providing feedback to the operations teams performing ITAM tasks. Additionally the analyst will be involved in the continual service improvement process by identifying opportunities for optimization, automation, and/or efficiency.
* Work with service owners and operations teams who own data in the CMDB to insure that appropriate data is captured and recorded within the CMDB
* Collaborate with IT Asset Management analysts to ensure that appropriate details are being mirrored between CMDB and Asset DB
* Collaborate with ITSM teams to ensure that SACM processes integrate and complement each other in supporting other ITSM processes and capture appropriate Configuration Management data
* Work with data owning teams to provide feedback and improvement guidance on performance of Configuration Management processes. This includes developing reports and dashboards to provide visibility to CMDB data health
* Work with SACM team and Service Owners to identify and document new classes and attributes as necessary
* Regularly review and maintain the Configuration Management Plan (CMP)
* Minimum of two years experience with all facets of IT Service Management
* ITIL v3 certification a plus
* Minimum of one year experience with ServiceNow platform
* Preference given to knowledge of Configuration Management, Cost Management, Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, and Model Management plugins
* Minimum of 5+ years working on a team as part of a large IT organization
* General understanding of infrastructure hardware and software systems across multiple domains like server, network, and storage
* Strong written and verbal communication
* Good interpersonal skills, including collaboration, communication, relationship building, and negotiation
* Proficient with Microsoft Office tools; Excel, PowerPoint, Word
* Able to function effectively in a fast-paced environment
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.