Job Captain - Mid-Level - Architecture
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 1/30/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONGensler is a global design firm, with 40+ offices and 5,000+ employees worldwide. Gensler helps clients succeed by focusing on the needs of the people they serve, whether they are employees, customers, sports fans, students, passengers or guests. Founded in 1965, Gensler has deep expertise in design and architecture across 31 practices, including commercial office buildings, professional services, retail, aviation, planning and urban design, entertainment and hospitality, sports stadiums and education facilities. The firm also holds practices focusing on brand strategy, environmental graphic design, mission-critical facilities, and has recently invested in consulting for real estate workplace and sustainable design.
For more information, visit our website (www.gensler.com) or blog (www.gensleron.com), follow us on Twitter (@GenslerOnCities, @GenslerOnWork, @GenslerLfstyle), or like us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/GenslerDesign/).
Gensler s Seattle office was established in 2000 to provide services in architectural and workplace design to the Puget Sound Region. In this short period, we have received fourteen design awards. Our clients include financial services, professional services firms, corporate and regional headquarters, advertising, retail, academia, museums, and transportation. We are committed to creating architecture that stimulates and inspires; an architecture that tells the story of place, of institutional and individual aspiration, and of synergy between the natural and built realms.
We are searching for a job captain with a strong background in commercial core and shell projects and contemporary knowledge of advanced building technologies, components and suppliers. RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Assist in multiple aspects of client, project coordination, and general contractors including full documentation coordination with structural, MEP, lighting, AV, landscape and civil consultants
* Manage client relationships and team communication
* Resolve complex technical and design issues
* Maintain the project manual and specifications
* Conduct on-site observations and document site reviews
* Process submittals, RFIs, substitution requests, etc. during construction
* Interface with building and permitting officials during the permitting and construction phases of the project
* Bachelor s degree in Architecture
* 5-8 years of relevant post graduate experience as a job captain or project architect with a strong background in commercial core and shell projects
* Experience resolving technical and design issues within a range of exterior envelope systems
* Experience coordinating multiple aspects of client, team and project coordination, including full documentation coordination with structural, MEP, lighting, AV, landscape and civil consultants
* Advanced knowledge of Autocad, Revit, Rhino, SketchUp, 3ds Max
* Experience creating technical drawings and specifications that succinctly, thoroughly and accurately describe the work to be done
* Knowledge of building codes and standards
* Strong communication and relationship management skills, including the ability to work effectively within a range of team compositions
For consideration, please submit resume and work samples in PDF format.
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Back Email Apply Now