This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 5/31/2018
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Captain
Gensler is a global architecture and design firm grounded in the belief that design strategy optimizes business performance and human potential. Our 5,000+ practitioners networked across 46 offices use global perspective and local presence to innovate at every scale. Whether we are refreshing a retailer s brand, planning a new urban district, or designing a super tall building, we strive to make the everyday places people occupy more inspiring, more resilient, and more impactful.
As a Gensler Job Captain, you will produce technical documentation and communicate project progress to team members to ensure success. You re a fit for this role if you have experience in construction documentation, are proficient in Revit, and enjoy working with a team of architects that bring design dreams to life. This is a good role for someone who is technically proficient and enjoys working with a highly creative, collaborative team dedicated to innovative problem solving and design excellence.
What You Will Do
* Provide project team coordination for finished plans, specification, and material selections; ensure design intent is incorporated into the construction documentation
* Produce accurate technical and contract documentation for construction of project
* Participate in construction administration, evaluate bids, conduct site visits, address technical issues, and maintain quality control during construction
* Work with consultants, contractors, fabricators, specification writers, and regulatory agencies to meet overall project objectives
* Utilize hand and 3D software renderings to communicate design concepts
* Bachelor s degree in Architecture or Interior Design
* 5+ years of professional experience,
* Knowledge of building codes, zoning, jurisdictional processes, building materials, specifications, and construction techniques
* Experience in construction document preparation and field observation
* Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop)
* Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp and other 3D modeling software
* LEED accreditation preferred
* Architectural registration preferred
Life at Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions and hackathons, to Well-being Week, our offices reflect our teams diverse interests.
We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm s commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.