This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAbout the team...
Endgame is seeking an experienced senior cyber security hunter/developer who can provide expert operational knowledge in support of product planning, demonstrations, installations, operations, and training. As a Senior Hunter, you will play a key role in the growth of our company by helping to shape, enhance and share knowledge of cyber hunt methodologies using Endgame s products. You will work with a team that spans customer experience, problem solving, operations, requirements analysis and technical implementation. This position requires an individual who is a clear communicator, team-oriented, and a quick learner. The home location for this position for the right person is flexible, but preferably near Washington DC, San Antonio, or San Francisco.
About the role
* Thorough understanding of malware, with knowledge of adversary tactics, techniques and procedures
* Able to recognize and analyze malware based on a combination of behavioral activity and signature based tippers that lead to being able to visualize and act upon malicious activity on a system or network.
* Understanding the standard configurations of modern security hardware/software tools/solutions, such as: firewalls, proxies, virus prevention and remediation, access control, encryption, and log analysis
* Proficiency in conducting live network forensics and analysis
* In-depth expertise with TCP/IP
* 1 or more years of malware analysis experience (static and dynamic analysis)
* In depth understanding of internals of Windows and Linux
* 5 years of full-time experience in an offensive and/or defensive cyber operations role (e.g. penetration tester, red team, incident responder, malware analyst, SOC/NOC technician, etc.)
* Ability to support, perform, and troubleshoot hardware and software installations independently
* Ability to travel up to 25-50%
* Effective oral and written communication skills. The ability to train hunting and provide process improvement-related feedback to a broad audience
* Strong analytical and investigative skills
* Solid decision-making skills
* Attention to detail
* 8 years of full-time experience in an offensive or defensive cyber operations role (e.g. hunt operator, penetration tester, red team, incident responder, malware analyst, SOC/NOC technician, etc.)
* 5 years of full-time experience within Department of Defense cyber mission forces and/or cyber protection teams, or incident response / CERT teams.
Endgame combines the industry's deepest understanding of enterprise vulnerabilities and evolving threats with proven science and the software automation necessary for federal and commercial organizations to "turn the map around" and think like an adversary. Endgame enables customers to successfully automate the hunt - pursue, contain and eliminate the most advanced adversaries before they cause damage and loss.
At Endgame, people are everything. Our team operates at the cutting edge of technology, building products that protect enterprises against the most committed cyber adversaries.
Our team boasts some of the industry's brightest and most sought after minds in this field. We are passionate about what we do. We take our business seriously, but our environment is fun, energetic and highly collaborative. We understand that to build a great product, you need great people. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a team of talented individuals who are out to shape the future of cyber security.
Endgame is characterized by a high degree of autonomy and flexibility, intellectual engagement, and a competitive compensation structure that rewards performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion or sexual orientation.