HR Manager 8/26/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY HR Manager
Primary Location: Reynosa MEX
Employment Type: Salaried | Full-Time
Function: Human Resources
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Oversees and provides direction for the implementation and administration of all Human Resources policies, programs, and procedure. Facilitates in a manner that will support achieving plant goals and objectives. Areas of responsibility include employment, compliance, orientation, employee educational development, labor / employee relations, compensation and benefits administration. Provides a resource to employees in the areas of effective communication, cooperation and teamwork. Builds an environment of trust and develops recognition and reward programs that support the company's Great Place to Work initiatives. Provides mentorship and training to junior supervisory group.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Direct the development of all Human Resource policies, procedures, programs and systems to support the effectiveness of the plant and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
2. Educate and provide assistance to Managers and Supervisors to support their compliance and effectiveness and ensure understanding of employment laws, rules and regulations.
3. Oversee the development and coordination of orientation and training / development programs to meet identified needs for facility.
4. Oversee the compensation and appraisal programs for employees in accordance with established policies and procedures. Maintains job descriptions, On Job Training and Personal Protective Equipment documents. Coordinates Training Matrix program training and documentation with supervisors and managers.
5. Oversee the education and training of benefit programs for plant employees.
6. Conducts Roundtable Meetings with various groups to provide avenues for open communication.
7. Oversee record-keeping systems to ensure Human Resource information is retained in an appropriate manner.
8. Is responsible for payroll process and timekeeping system. Ensures local laws are followed with regards to employee payroll.
9. Administers employee benefits programs.
10. Administer the recruiting / placement programs for plant to comply with applicable laws and regulations and maintain a selection process that assures a high quality candidate and probability of success.
11. Overseas an effective labor contract administration.
12. Assist Plant Manager and / or legal counsel in preparing for labor negotiations, contract changes or contract administration for the plant. Actively participates in labor negotiations and related contractual activities.
13. Assist in the development of information to prepare for employee charges, lawsuits and arbitration.
14. Analyze and make recommendations regarding organizational needs, development and changes.
15. Is responsible for Health, Safety & environmental programs.
16. Work closely with plant management and other personnel having safety and health responsibilities to support programs and practices that reduce risks, eliminate hazards and prevent accident losses as well as comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
17. Work closely with Managers to develop effective measurement criteria.
Excellent organization, file management, written and verbal communication skills
Computer literate - Microsoft Word, Windows, Excel
Demonstrated ability to work effectively and positively with a wide variety of groups, cultures and individuals, including conflict resolution skills
Stand up training skills
Knowledge of local Federal legislation impacting employment practices including
Fluent English both written and verbally
Bachelor's Degree in Business or Human Resource Management
HR certification preferred
* Five years Human Resource Generalist experience preferably in a unionized manufacturing environment
Willingness to periodically travel
High stress tolerance with a highly developed sense of urgency. Must be able to articulate and vocalize company's position on a wide range of issues
Visual acuity to process paperwork