Assistant Grocery Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
When you work with The Fresh Market you're part of a team that is creating new breakthroughs in our industry. We'll see you and treat you as the valuable person that you are. We'll recognize your contributions and nurture your aspirations. We'll take you seriously and support your growth in whatever direction you choose. Bring everything that makes you unique and special. Bring your talents, your imagination, your ideas, and your dreams. We'll put them to work in a winning way. Join the Fresh Market, and you'll work for a company that's dedicated to making positive, lasting impressions, on our customers and on our employees. A company that cares just as much about the little things as we do about the big ones. Because after all, it's the experience that matters.Position Description
As an Assistant Grocery Specialist with The Fresh Market you will be responsible for working closely with the Store Manager, Assistant Store Managers, and Grocery Specialist/Manager in order to create The Fresh Market environment and ensure the success of the store and Grocery Department through excellent customer service and a demonstrated passion for food. The Assistant Grocery Specialist will actively engage and educate customers about The Fresh Market's products. Candidates must be prepared to think, learn and contribute all while consistently communicating and modeling The Fresh Market's vision and goals. Excellent communication, multitasking and self-motivation skills are essential to success at The Fresh Market. Successful Assistant Grocery Specialists also demonstrate a high level of integrity with department products, employees, vendors, and our customers.
This job description is intended to set forth the core functions required for this position and describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this position. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job. Employees may be assigned additional responsibilities as necessary. The Company reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of the Company's business, competitive considerations, or the work environment changes.
The Fresh Market prefers previous management experience in the retail, grocery, deli, hospitality, or restaurant industry. The ideal candidate must have demonstrated excellent communication and leadership skills and possess basic math skills for ordering and inventory. A working knowledge of Grocery is preferred. The Fresh Market will require demonstrated strong merchandising and multi-tasking skills. The ideal candidate must be highly motivated with a sense of urgency, organized and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment at all times with all levels of employees. The ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the department is required. Demonstrated excellent people skills are required for all positions within The Fresh Market.
- Demonstrate and direct the Grocery Team to provide outstanding customer delight in an environment focused on sales.- Establish and maintain a positive work environment, which encourages an exceptionally high level of Team Member morale. Focusing the employees on creating an environment built on team work and inspiring a 'one team' mentality.- Follow all company guidelines and procedures, to include but not limited to, safety and sanitation. - Work with Team Members to ensure the highest quality products and services are available.- Set and achieve the highest standards in retail execution focusing on maximizing sales and gross profit- Develop, counsel, mentor and motivate all Grocery employees in a manner which builds and sustains a high performing team and minimizes turnover.- Demonstrated level of empowerment to solve customer complaints and develop employees to do the same.Maintain the cleanliness of the department following the cleaning checklist and tasks assigned by the Grocery Specialist/Manager and Store Management.- Demonstrate advanced product knowledge; maintain awareness of new products and educate employees on products.- Maintain proper product assortment, merchandising and inventory control.- Implement and maintain regular sampling in the Grocery Department- Offer daily feedback to the Grocery Specialist/Manager and Store Management about the performance of the Grocery Department.- Follow all company guidelines and procedures, to include but not limited to, safety and sanitation. - Direct and develop employees to ensure food is in date and in stock, including but not limited to, rotation of stock, working back stock and planning filling of high volume items.- Manage inventory and pricing to achieve required margin.
Physical Capabilities / Job Demands
- Continuously (67%-100% of the work shift)
-Lift 0-10 lbs.
- Frequently (34%-66% of the work shift)
-Lift 11-20 lbs.
-Bend, Reach and repetitive use of hands
-Push and Pull
- Occasionally (Up to 33% of the work shift)
-Lift 21-Over 50 lbs.
-Carry 11-20 lbs.
-Squat, Climb and Balance
-Physically present at the workplace/store and in strict adherence to the Company's attendance and punctuality requirements
- The ability, open availability, and willingness to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the store are required, including, but not limited to, weekend, day, evening, and overnight and holiday work, as needed to meet the demands of the store.
- Exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
- Minimum age for employment is 18
At The Fresh Market we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. The Fresh Market hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position to be filled. The position covered by this Job Description is expressly declared to be 'at will,' meaning the Company has the right to terminate the incumbent's employment at any time, with or without cause. Any written or oral promises or representations to the contrary are expressly disavowed and should not be relied upon by any employee. Any change to this 'at will' employment status must be in writing and signed by the company designated personnel..