Agile Scrum Master and Coach
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY *
* Agile Scrum Master and Coach
* Requisition ID:
* US Citizenship Required for this Position:
* Relocation Assistance:
No relocation assistance available
Yes, 10 % of the Time
* Northrop Grumman Information Systems sector is seeking anAgile Scrum Master and Coach to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals\. This position will be located in Eagan, MN\. This is an on\-site position with no telecommute possibilities\. There will be some travel expected to other sites in the country\.Put your years of experience into a future of excellence\.\.\. The qualified applicant will become part of the Northrop Grumman's ETS Contract with the United States Postal Service, bringing top of the line professional technologists to their teams\.This position will perform Scrum Master duties and Agile coaching across the Agile teams\. The ideal candidatewill lead Agile process ensuring predictable delivery of release\. Candidate will have deep technical understanding of Agile practices and experience delivering deployable software in short sprints/on\-demand\. Candidate will interface with client and use oral and written skills to develop great working relationships with stakeholders\.### Roles and Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Perform initial Agile team assessments and recommend and assist with the implementation of Agile team structure for the teams and associated resources\.
- Be a successful change agent both motivating the change and making it happen; ensure Agile Principles are applied\.
- Identify need and provide as necessary structured and ad\-hoc training in Agile principles and practices, including Scrum, Product Ownership, and Program Management\.
- Engage Product Owners, Portfolio, and Program Managers to fulfill their individual roles, including but not limited to, communicating the Project Vision, Goals and Objectives, establishing a strategic thinking perspective, regular attendance at Agile Ceremonies, and prioritization of Backlog Items\.Liaise with project stakeholders including HR Product Owners, Portfolio, Program Managers to help coordinate Agile across the large Program
- Provide guidance for the project team and key stakeholders in the definition of the Project Vision, Goals, and Objectives\.
- Facilitate and assist in the definition of project scope, including the creation of User Stories with Acceptance Criteria, Product Backlogs, Defect Backlogs, Release Plans, Backlog Prioritization, as well as identifying key dependencies and risks\.
- Coach, mentor, and support other Scrum Masters that will be assigned to projects in iterative product development, including following the Scrum Framework, communicating effectively, managing conflict amongst team members, identifying and removing impediments, and applying self\-organization and shared leadership with the team\.
- Support the Agile teams in tracking Agile projects milestones and deliverables\.
- Establish an environment that ensures pro\-active identification of changes in project scope and potential risks\. Facilitate the project team's process of devising contingency plans\.
- Facilitate SAFe practices in collaboration with the IT Portfolio, Product Owners and Release Train Engineer as it pertains to the Eagan SDC Agile teams
- Facilitate Scrum of Scrum ceremonies for example Standup meetings, Retrospectives, planning sessions, etc\.
- Recommend and implement the use of Agile metrics to provide feedback and monitor trends on productivity, quality, predictability, and value of Agile activities\.
- Work with IHRS Agile teams to set up and use VersionOne for Agile projects as backlogs are created and releases / sprints are performed\.Basic Qualifications:
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- MUST have a Bachelor's Degree in information systems, business, computer science, or related field\.
- A minimum of 3 years of progressively more difficult experience in developing, researching, testing, implementing and/or integrating new information technology to support existing business systems where 15 years of experience is required\.
- Previous experience leading an Agile Scrum team at a fast\-paced environment
- Minimally five \(5\) years technical experience with increasing levels of responsibility providing technical oversight, stakeholder management and participation, problem resolution
- Five \(5\) years of execution per iterative/agile development per Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, etc\.
- Experience providing guidance/oversight for release planning, including collaboration and communication with the operation's team to keep current on deployment readiness
- Reporting preparations and presentations to all levels of management and to the program PM\.
- Ability to understand complex issues and facilitate resolution
- Ability to triage scrum team issues based on priority, impact, risk, release timing
- Ability to prioritize multiple simultaneous issues
- Outstanding time management skills and attention to details
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Experience with continuous deployment/integration and test\-driven models
- Must be able to obtain a Position of Public Trust DesignationPreferred Qualifications:
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Certified Scrum Master Professional \(CSP\)
- Certified Scrum Coach \(CSC\) - Desirable
- Experience working SAFe Agile environment
- Experience working with multiple scrum team programs simultaneously
- Experience with test automation techniques and tools
- Experience working on unusually complicated problems and providing solutions that are highly creative and ingenious, exhibiting ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness\.
- Project Management Professional \(PMP\) certification, or PMP ACP\.
- ITIL certification \(Foundations or higher\)
- Local to the Eagan, MN area, no relocation assistance providedNorthrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce\. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action\-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class\. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www\.northropgrumman\.com/EEO \. U\.S\. Citizenship is required for most positions\.USPSOU
* _Agile Scrum Master and Coach_
* Requisition ID:
* _16012480_ .