Contractor Program Security Officer CPSO
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONContractor Program Security Officer (CPSO)Job ID:
Contractor Program Security Officer (CPSO) Job Req ID:
SIS20160809-13966 Job Location:
Vandenberg AFB, CA Job Description:
Commensurate with the position ofContractor Program Security Officer (CPSO),incumbent is responsible for managing and directing all security related issues at the Harris Space and Intelligence Systems (S&IS) Vandenberg AFB facility located in Lompoc CA.. As the senior security professional on-site, the CPSO's responsibilities include management and execution of all facility security functions including SCIF operations, personnel security, program support, physical security, information security, document control, badging and access control. The CPSO implements all requisite national security directives with specific emphasis on NISPOM, Intelligence Community Directives (ICDs), and JAFAN requirements, as applicable, and exhibits the dedication and expectation of excellence required of a seasoned security professional while working and making decisions independently without direct supervision. The CPSO works as a team player, exhibits flexibility, sets priorities, and manages customer expectations in a sometimes fast-paced environment. The CPSO interacts with internal and external customers or Government security officials in performance of security duties. The incumbent is responsible for supporting and enacting all Harris corporate policies including the protection of Harris' intellectual property.Essential Functions/Responsibilities:* Incumbent is responsible to the S&IS Senior Security Manager relative to execution of responsibilities associated with the position of CPSO. Specifically, tactical operational control regarding management/operation of secure areas and Program Security Officer responsibilities.
* Administer, address and complete personnel security requirements with employees regarding issues, report preparation, program security access briefings, and clearance/access maintenance for briefed employees
* Create, administer, and track requisite annual training, initial new hire security briefing, initial security clearance briefing, and security debriefing for all cleared employees
* Ensure all required security support for sensitive compartmented information (SCI) level programs and manages operations of associated Sensitive Compartmented Information Facilities (SCIF's) in accordance with governing directives and program specific guidance.
* Responsible for ensuring the formulation, establishment and execution of security policy, procedures and protocols pertinent to the facility consistent with National Industrial Security Program (NISPOM) and Intelligence Community Directives (ICDs) requirements.
* Determine customer security requirements and ensure requisite security access requests with applicable government agencies
* Coordinate and execute visitor control functions to include processing incoming and outgoing visit requests and verifying incoming visitor identification
* Will be responsive to and work in concert with Base Industrial Security as required for all DSS related actions consistent with responsibilities associated with a DoD cleared facility.
* Responsible for effective communications regarding security by interfacing with or liaising with external customers (Government, Associate Contractors, Subcontractors, former employees) and internal Harris organizations
* Ensure execution of all Personnel Security requisite activities using E-QIP software via DoD JPAS database, Scattered Castles or other required IC directed protocols
* Conduct security education and training; provide initial security indoctrination briefings, debriefings, annual refresher training and other corporate requisite training
* Ensure continuous physical security integrity for facility in general and accredited secure work areas in particular
* Oversee accountability of classified documents and media; perform document control functions to include inprocessing/outprocessing sensitive material and preparing document transmittals and packaging
* In conjunction and coordination with the Information System Security Officer (ISSO), ensure all governing directives are adhered to in ensuring continued accreditation of classified computer information systems and consistent enforcement of established policies/protocols.
* Guard/alarm interface; liaison with alarm monitoring facility to ensure security of controlled/secure areas in accordance with government requirements - requires emergency response requirements during non-working hours
* Provide leadership on special projects that cut across the business and the company, to include assisting with S&IS-wide security process standardization.
* Responsible for discretion in handling and the protection of a variety of personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act of 1974.
* Foster teamwork and collaborative efforts among Security group members to ensure timely completion of group project tasks and responsibilities. Required Experience:* Education:
HS Diploma required
* Three (3) years experience as a Cleared Defense Contractor (CDC) working in corporate and/or government environments with industrial security duties in support of Intelligence Community (IC) or Defense programs
* Minimum of three (3) years as a CSSO or CPSO is required
* Completion of an accredited/approved CSSO course; other professional accreditations and certifications
* Thorough knowledge of and ability to ensure compliance with NISPOM, Intelligence Community Directives (ICDs), Director of Central Intelligence directives (DCIDs) and JAFANs
* Efficient, proactive, responsive team player with excellent written and oral communication skills; able to interface effectively with all levels of corporate management and government customers
* Must be proficient in computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
* Experience using security management software and applications (i.e. SIMS, Scattered Castles, JPAS)
* Highly organized with ability to manage multiple priorities and time sensitive deliverables
* Hands on, self-starting, disciplined and detail-oriented individual with ability to work independently in a high volume environment.
* Information system security experience desired Certifications:
Completion of an accredited/approved CSSO course; other professional accreditations and certifications Security Clearance:
Please be aware this position requires aTS/SCI with SCI eligibility security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions. Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Job Profile Matching Criteria:Expertise Security Education Bachelors (or equivalent work experience) Job Type Full Time Location USA - CA - Vandenberg AFB .