This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 12/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONCommunications EngineerJob ID:
Communications Engineer Job ID:
SIS20160808-13432 Job Location:
Vandenberg AFB, CA Job Description:* Coordinate with other engineering support staff, commercial communication vendors, testing and operations personnel to ensure all customer requirements are met.
* Ensure all engineered installation designs meet the guidelines of 'best practices,' security requirements and the intent of the requirement
* Participate in customer planning, technical exchange and coordination meetings, as well as Engineering Review Boards at the local level.
* Conduct site surveys, develop site designs, CONOPs, test and implementation plans, to include providing requirement analysis from the customer's request for change and translating those requirements into circuit designs, drawings, material lists, labor and hardware cost estimates, and implementation schedules, all in compliance with customer standards
* Participate in and provide site specific information for the project readiness review cycle, develop and conduct design reviews, and provide implementation coordination with affected users Position Requirements:* Bachelors Degree with 6+ years of relevant professional experience, or commensurate education and military/industry experience.
* Active Top Secret Clearance Preferred Skills:
Working knowledge of the following* IP and Serial network
* Network Hardware (Routers, LAN (L2) switches, Media Converters)
* Cable/Transport technologies (fiber, copper, etc.)
* Understanding of TDM, Network Timing Systems, Ethernet, TCP/IP
* Understanding of WAN technology
* CCTV concepts
* Electronics principles
* GPS systems
* IRIG timing
* RF Systems (SBand, CBand)
* Control Systems PLC, HMI, Ladder Logic
* Telecom DC Power plant
* Access Control / Intrusion Detection security systems
* Understanding of computer scripting (DOS, Linux, etc.)
* Virtual Machines (ESXi, VirtualBox)
* PBX & VoIP systems
* Operational Voice Systems (OVS)
* Test Equipment (Oscilloscope, Network Analyzer, T1 Test Set, Spectrum Analyzer, DVM, OTDR) Please be aware this position requires an active Top Secret Clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions. Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Job Profile Matching Criteria:Expertise Engineering Education Bachelors (or equivalent work experience) Job Type Full Time Location USA - CA - Vandenberg AFB .