Lead Test Engineer WRCDM
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 11/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONLead Test Engineer - WRCDMJob ID:
Lead Test Engineer - WRCDM Job ID:
Vandenberg AFB, CA Job Description:
Harris Corp., is seeking a Lead Test Engineer to support a pending program award for our USAF customer at Vandenburg AFB, CA. Program overview:
The legacy Western Range (WR) CT-3 equipment is aging, decreasing in reliability, and increasingly expensive to repair. The Government is seeking to add one additional Central Command console and one additional Command Transmitting (CT) Site to the WR. These new Command Destruct System elements will provide the functionality of the existing Command Destruct system plus add the new Enhanced Flight Termination System (EFTS) capability to support Evolved Expendable Launch Vehicle (EELV) launches. The EFTS capability is being added because the National Security Agency (NSA) will no longer support High Alphabet (HA) code generation. The HA capability will exist in the new system as it must be designed to support the transition from HA to EFTS until HA is retired by the NSA.This is a senior level position that performs all Test and Verification (T&V) functions and supports Hardware (Command) Principal Engineers in the development of all test documentation and performs unit, integration and system level testing as well as support to the 17th Test Squadron FDE. This position will require working as a member of a multi-disciplinary project team and provides support to Program Management, Systems Engineering e.g. requirements development and allocation, ILS, Tech Pubs, and CM. Strong working knowledge of the Range Commanders Council (RCC) command suite of IRIG documentation, Department of Defense Instruction (DODI) 8500.1 (Information Assurance (IA)), DODI 8500.2 (IA Implementation), and WV Communications Command System hardware and software is a plus. Position also requires familiarity with hardware and software implementations of command subsystems including but not limited to server based distributed processing, digital filtering techniques and applications, time based instrumentation control techniques, external system and operator interfaces.Qualifications:
BS in Engineering or a related technical discipline and a minimum of 10+ years of related engineering experience.* Applicable degrees include:
Electrical or Computer Engineering, Physics, or related disciplines. Alternately, an AS in Electronics or other technical discipline with additional 4+ years of related work experience.
* Minimum of 10 years of related test work experience on the Eastern Range (ER), Western Range (WR), or other Major Range and Test Facility Base (MRTFB)
* Working knowledge LTRS Architecture including the twelve subsystems and specifically interoperability with interfaces into the core communications infrastructure Preferred Skills:* Proficient with VisualRV
* Ability to think logically and devise original solutions facilitate mitigation of program risks
* Ability to work programmatically with geographically diverse engineering teams to meet tight programmatic schedule milestones
* Strong team motivation and organizational skills within and external to the department.
* Strong verbal and written communications skills, including proficiency with MS Office Suite to develop technical documentation This position requires the candidate to already possess an active Secret clearance and to maintain the clearance. Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.Job Profile Matching Criteria:Expertise --Systems Education Bachelors (or equivalent work experience) Job Type Full Time Location USA - CA - Vandenberg AFB .