This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Engineering TechnicianJob ID:
SIS20161808-13662 Description:Job Title:
Engineering Technician Job ID:
SIS20161808-13662 Job Location:
Vandenberg AFB, CA Job Description:
Telecommunications Field Engineer / Engineering Technician Position Requirements:* High School Diploma and minimum of 8 years relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Active TS/SCI Security Clearance Preferred Skills:
Working knowledge and experience in the following* Perform complex technical assignments involving communications systems, instrumentation and data acquisition/processing systems
* Collaborate with Design Engineers to troubleshoot failures and issues derived from test data
* Read and interpret planning documents, schematics, wiring diagrams, specifications, drawings, manuals, blueprints, and engineering sketches
* Analyze results of calibrations and processed data and assist in the interpretation of test data
* Install cable pathway systems (cable trays, cable racks, J-hooks or D-rings)
* Install, terminate, test, label, and document horizontal, backbone and other cables
* Build out telecommunication and equipment rooms
* Test, troubleshoot, and document test results for fiber, network and RF cabling
* Install connectors, connector pins, terminals, and lugs
* Perform continuity checks, locate and correct wiring errors using measuring instruments
* Investigate, diagnose, correct, and document instrumentation or system malfunctions
* Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment
* Fiber installation and maintenance certifications
* Strong knowledge of Industry standards (BICSI, NEC, TIA/EIA), Articulating Boom lifts, different types of Fiber (MM, SM) for interior and exterior usage, Cat5E, Cat6 and Cat6A data cabling, Cable pathways such as Conduit, Fire Penetrations and cable trays
* Advanced knowledge of the following telecom network practices and concepts:
telecom network best practices, network security, network architecture design, technical standards and deliverables, troubleshooting tools (e.g., line analyzers, breakout boxes, and network traces), software and hardware installation and configuration, network hardware, protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, DLC, and ASYNC)
* Operational knowledge of an oscilloscope & multi-meter, soldering wires & connectors, operation of various crimping tools, wire stripping, ohms law, continuity testing, pinning out a military type connector, routing & tie wrapping cables, drilling & tapping holes, and building junction boxes
* Background should include experience with the following devices:
DC power supplies; DC-DC convertors; UPS installations; Heat shrink tubing, cable harnessing, lacing, and proper strain relief concepts
* Working knowledge of OC-12 transport and t1 circuits as well as CDWM fiber transport.
* Avaya ip500 PBX, Dices III, PA systems, Camera Systems and VOIP systems
* Visio Drawing skills Please be aware this position requires an active Top Secret Clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions. Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Job Profile Matching Criteria:Expertise --Technician Education High School (or equivalent work experience) Job Type Full Time Location USA - CA - Vandenberg AFB .