Senior Corporate Practices Advisor Global Water
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONOFFICE LOCATIONNegotiable; East or West Coast of the United States, near a major airport.AA100WORK WITH USThe Nature Conservancy is the leading conservation organization working to make a positive impact around the world in 69 countries, all 50 United States, and your backyard. Founded in 1951, the mission of The Nature Conservancy is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. Visit www.nature.org/about-us to learn more.The Nature Conservancy offers competitive compensation, 401k or savings-plan matching for eligible employees, excellent benefits, flexible work policies and a collaborative work environment. We also provide professional development opportunities and promote from within. As a result, you will find a culture that supports and inspires conservation achievement and personal development, both within the workplace and beyond.POSITION SUMMARYThe Senior Corporate Practices Advisor for Global Water is a member of the Corporate Engagement Program in External Affairs and is embedded on the Global Water team. S/he develops, coordinates and implements corporate engagements that will deliver against the Conservancy's Global Water goals.The preferred location is near a major airport on either the East or West Coast of the U.S.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONSThe Senior Corporate Practices Advisor for Global Water develops and implements strategy for engaging companies to further the Conservancy's Global Water goals. The Advisor coordinates and integrates all aspects of corporate outreach in service of TNC's Global Water priorities. This role is responsible for prioritization, building strategy and serving as the Relationship Manager for the key corporate relationships of the Global Water strategy.This position is a regular, full time position. This position reports to the Managing Director, Corporate Engagement, has a dotted line relationship to the Managing Director of Water Security, and will serve as a member of that team to ensure full integration and progress towards the Global Water Team's goals.RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
* Manage relationships and projects with minimal supervision.
* Develop relationships and works effectively with corporate, government, and non-governmental organization partners.
* Guide collaboration and coordination with a number of multinational companies across industries.
* With a team, design and manage major meetings, including gatherings of corporate, government, and non-governmental representatives.
* Conduct research, with minimum support, to identify highest priority companies with which to work.
* Able to communicate professionally with a wide variety of people from different cultures.
* Demonstrates strong communications and presentation skills.Able to prepare and present project proposals and negotiate with federal, bilateral and multilateral agencies and/or the business and corporate sector, to achieve program goals.
* Persuasively conveys the mission of TNC to diverse groups who are critical to the Conservancy's overall strategies.
* Works in partnership with other organizations in a collaborative and advisory capacity.
* Develops and implements multi-year fundraising strategies, and goals. Effectively directs and or participates in complex negotiations.
* Develops constructive and effective working relationships inside and outside the Conservancy.
* May supervise administrative and professional staff with responsibility for performance management, training and development.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelor's degree in political science, environmental policy, business or related field and 6 years of corporate sector experience, government relations experience, or equivalent combination of education/experience.
* Experience preparing and presenting project proposals and negotiating complex high profile or sensitive agreements or projects.
* Communication and presentation skills.Able to communicate professionally with a wide variety of people from different backgrounds.
* Experience conceiving and implementing strategic initiatives.
* Fluency in English.
* PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
* Master's degree (MBA or other).
* Experience advancing solutions to protect water, ideally with companies.
* Track record of success negotiating complex partnerships.
* Track record of success serving as a project manager on diverse, international, virtual teams.
* Experience preparing analyses to inform strategy decision making.
* Experience presenting to and communicating with executive levels in a corporate setting.Excellent presentation skills.
* Excellent team player with experience working in multi-disciplinary groups, using influence and interpersonal skills, listening, diplomacy and tact to build strong relationships with corporations, governments, partners, and all levels of staff.
* Project management experience including coordinating the work of other professionals inside and outside an organization.
* Experience working with partners/government agencies.
* Outstanding written and oral communication, negotiating and organizational skills.
* International experience and language skills.
* Strong basic computer skills (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint or the equivalent programs).HOW TO APPLYTo apply to position number 44636, submit resume (required) and cover letter separately using the upload buttons. All applications must be submitted in the system prior to 11:
59 p.m. Eastern Time on October 7, 2016.Click 'submit' to apply for the position or 'save for later' to create a draft application for future submission. Once submitted, applications cannot be revised or edited. Failure to complete required fields may result in your application being disqualified from consideration.If you experience technical issues, please refer to our applicant user guide or contact email@example.com.
* The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
* Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of men and women of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
* The successful applicant must meet the requirements of
* The Nature Conservancy's background screening process.
* Job Title:
* Senior Corporate Practices Advisor - Global Water
* All United States
* Job ID:
* Full/Part Time:
* Full-Time .