This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/24/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONApplication EngineerJob ID:
Job Title - Application Engineer Job Location - Poland Job Code - CS20162303-10518 Harris Corporation is a leading technology innovator, solving our customers' toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports customers in more than 125 countries and has approximately $8 billion in annual revenue. The company is organized into four business segments:
Communication Systems, Space and Intelligence Systems, Electronic Systems, and Critical Networks. Job Description:
PERSON PROFILE:* An experienced engineer with a background in military communications who can work independently or as part of a team, with the minimum of supervision. Who Will support the predominantly the Polish customer, with some in country travel, possibly extensive to support remote customers locations in the field and at fixed base locations. In addition may be required to support international customers within the region and travel internationally accordingly. JOB PURPOSE:* Responsible for in country technical support of all RF Communications tactical radio equipment and systems in addition to supporting Harris international customer within the region. Based in the Harris office Poland.
* This job description does not form part of your contract of employment. SCOPE:* Provides pre-sales and/or post sale technical support of company products/systems. Provides, presents and interprets design, application and service information to sales staff and customers. Assesses and analyzes technical application of company products and competing equipment to meet customer needs. May design systems to satisfy customer needs. Prepares detailed product specifications to sales staff. Provides follow-up support in disseminating technical information on specific applications. May prepare and present sales proposals. Be able to provide technical training and Install support. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:* Planning, preparation and execution of capability demos, briefings and competitive trials.* Support and training for customers and their equipment, technical trials and 2ndline repair of equipment, at suitable locations throughout the operational sphere of Harris RF Communications interests.* Provision of in country technical advice and support to customers as well as via telephone, e-mail or written media.
* To ensure that all working practices comply with Health and Safety legislation. Qualifications:* Educated to HNC level or equivalent, engineering or related discipline
* Thorough working knowledge (ideally CCNA) of networking, IP & telephony applications, and radio techniques.
* Polish Language skills Fluent both written and spoken
* Previous experience working with military and tactical radio communications.
* Systems and strong field engineering experience of tactical radio equipment (RF) to include the construction, operation and repair of static and mobile installations Preferred Additional Skills:* Russian language skills
* Integration of third party vendor software Job Profile Matching Criteria:Expertise Engineering Education Associate (or equivalent work experience) Job Type Full Time Location OCONUS - Outside Continental United States - ALL .