Software Engineeer Electronic Warfare Simulation
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/24/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSoftware Engineeer (Electronic Warfare Simulation)Job ID:
Software Engineer Job Location:
Washington, DC. Job Code:
CN20162303-10553 Job Description:
Harris Corporation is currently seeking a Software Engineer -- Junior to Mid-level Electronic Warfare Simulation Engineer to support a research and development environment at the U.S. Naval Research Laboratory, located in Washington, DC, just off of 295 near the Woodrow Wilson Bridge. Electronic Support Systems Performance Section (Code 5771) is looking for a candidate to support ESM model development in a distributed simulation environment. The Section's focus is to develop models and simulations relating to ES Sensor system performance in support of Navy EW R&D and operational systems. This section focuses on all types of ES systems including ship and aircraft based. Current key projects in this section focus on the development of a distributed ES simulation capability of ship ES systems. Responsibilities include:* Support ESM subsystem model development to support managed and real-time testbed applications
* Support pulse level environment generation for complex emitters
* Study countermeasure effectiveness in terminal ASCM engagement scenarios
* Generate tools for utilizing EW databases Qualifications:* 3+ years of experience in an defense industry (doing engineering, not management or IT) with background in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science (other majors will be examined on a case by case basis)
* Ability to obtain a SECRET clearance
* Experience in C and C++
* Familiarity with STL containers (vectors, lists, maps and algorithms), smart pointers, file I/O
* Ability to develop models of complex RF systems* Experience using Matlab or Python for data analysis and visualization
* Familiarity with signal processing concepts
* Familiarity with receiver design and direction finding concepts* Familiarity with radar systems
* Ability to work on a small team but also independently Preferred Additional Skills:* Familiarity with electromagnetic propagation concepts and antennas
* Familiarity with DSP
* Familiarity with tools such as CMake, Doxygen
* Familiarity with concepts such as deinterleaving, clustering, classification of emitters, trackers Security Clearance:
This position requires the candidate to be able to obtain a SECRET security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of citizenship. By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.Job Profile Matching Criteria:Expertise --Software Education Bachelors (or equivalent work experience) Job Type Full Time Location USA - Washington D.C. .