Senior Linux Systems Administrator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSenior Linux Systems AdministratorJob ID:
Senior Linux Systems Administrator Job Location:
Washington, DC Job Code:
CN20163103-10756 Job Description:
Harris Corporation is currently seeking an experienced Senior LINUX Administrator to join our research team at the Naval Research Laboratory at 4555 Overlook Ave, SW Washington, DC (located near the Wilson Bridge and off of 295). It is a casual dress University type environment that is open to the exchange of ideas, knowledge, concepts and brainstorming. In this highly dynamic environment, the Senior Administrator will perform hands on administrative tasks including but not limited to scripting, configuration, ground up builds, security, troubleshooting and developing tools to improve administration tasks. The environment is a mix of LINUX, Mac OS X and HPC Clusters. LINUX environment is primarily CentOS and RedHat. Candidate must be able to work as part of the team while also being able to take concepts or problems and work independently to resolve. Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills and be able to communicate effectively in writing and verbally. Qualifications:* Bachelors degree in a science or engineering related field and four (4 ) or more years of related UNIX/ LINUX systems administration experience is required
* Linux administration using the command line (CentOS or preferred)
* Ability to build and support open source software with source code management is required, git experience is highly desirable
* Writing and debugging Perl scripts. Experience in C is desirable
* Ability to import and maintain local software repositories and build RPMS (writing custom spec files is a plus but not required)
* Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret clearance, an interim Secret is required to start Preferred Additional Skills:* Lustre, Infiniband, OpenAFS, Kerberos, PKI and DoD information assurance policies and procedures
* Experience with SELinux including debugging and writing custom policies
* Experience / familiarity with configuration management software
* DoD 8570 requirements for an IAT II level position, including an active CompTIA Security+ certification or equivalent
* Experience with high performance supercomputer environments and high speed networks
* Experience with hypervisors Security Clearance:
This position requires the candidate to be able to obtain a Secret security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance you need to be a U.S. citizen and show proof of citizenship. By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions. Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.Job Profile Matching Criteria:Expertise --Systems Administration Education Bachelors (or equivalent work experience) Job Type Full Time Location USA - Washington D.C. .