Technical Engineering Manager.
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONTechnical Engineering Manager.Job ID:
Service Engineering Manager Job ID:
CN20162502-9668 Harris Corporation is looking for a Technical Engineering Manager. The role of the Technical Engineer Manager is to co-develop the HHS O&M model and/or recommend IT infrastructure components to meet business and technical requirements. The IT infrastructure may include Windows\Linux systems, VDI, middleware, databases, backup solutions, enterprise storage and/or network infrastructure. The engineering manager must demonstrate the ability to efficiently test & certify technology platforms, ensure timely data center deployments, COTS software and provide application integration support. The technical engineer team may also be utilized to troubleshoot, debug application(s) including Email as a Service, and/or IT infrastructure component(s). The engineering team success will be based on successful recommended enhancements while ensuring stable HHS data center operations. The Technical Engineering Manager maintains the HHS enterprise infrastructure by:* Acting as the Subject Matter Expert in partnering with, and influencing stakeholders to promote simplification, standardization and innovation and to ensure infrastructure risk are understood and minimized
* Developing or refining O&M models to maintain and operate the HHS infrastructure including, but not limited to, monitoring, performance and capacity metrics, SLAs, resiliency and disaster recovery planning
* Maintaining and patching systems, operating systems and applications to eliminate bug fixes, security vulnerabilities and maintain technology currency of key systems and applications.
* Documenting design and engineering standards; develop key performance metrics and operational guidelines for consistent & stable design, build, implement and operational processes
* Understanding of high-availability, high-performance environment and performing work to those standards
* Being accountable for detailed O&M designs based on secure, fault tolerant architecture and ITIL system integration standards
* Working with multiple consulting resources and project managers to achieve project implementations on time and on budget
* Committing to and meeting both HHS and Harris project milestones and costs guidelines The Technical Engineering Manager supervisory functions include but will not be limited to:* Managing the IT Engineering personnel
* Providing training strategy and ensure engineers are abreast of new technology trends
* Driving recruitment of highly talented individuals for team(s) and implement strategies to ensure high retention Qualifications* Master's degree in information technology, information management, or related field, and 3 or more years of related experience or Bachelor's degree and 5 years' experience
* 7 or more years' experience including technology development from inception to deployment, expertise in IT operations management and O&M cost management.
* 7 or more years Government Contracting experience with a Business/Task/Project oriented mind set - must see tasks to completion
* Must sign a commitment letter for minimum of two (2) year from Notice to Proceed
* ITILv3 Foundations Preferred Additional Skills:* ITIL Practitioner
* Familiarity with Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) IT operations environment This position requires the candidate to already possess an active level 5\6 Public trust access or active Secret clearanceBy submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positionsHarris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.Job Profile Matching Criteria:Expertise --Systems Education Masters (or equivalent work experience) Job Type Full Time Location USA - Washington D.C. .