Systems Admin 3
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSystems Admin 3Job ID:
Systems Administrator Job Requisition:
CN20160809-13967 Job Location:
Washington DC.Harris Corporation has an opportunity for a Systems Administrator with an active TS/SCI. Position is located in Washington, DC.Job Description:* Install new / rebuild existing servers/workstations and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
* Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures
* Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
* Perform backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary
* Create, change, and delete user accounts per request
* Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies
* Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary
* Working knowledge of evaluating and installing patches, resolving software related problems, performing system backups and recovery, as well as writing technical documents as necessaryQualifications:* Bachelor's degree (or the equivalent) in Information Security, Cyber Security or another appropriate field with a minimum of seven (7+) years related work experience
* Three (3) years of applicable experience installing new software releases and system upgrades; evaluating and installing patches; performing system backups and recovery; maintaining data files; monitoring system configuration to ensure data integrity; and utilizing other commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures* Three (3+) years' experience in the following skill sets:* Managing Windows 0/S (Window Server 2008 and 2012...) resources to include servers, tablets, Smartphone's and workstations or managing Unix and Linux 0/S resources to include servers, workstations, tablets, and Smartphones (i.e. Android, Blackberry, Apple devices)
* Process and purpose required to submit a system package for accreditation WRT knowledge of DoN and DNI technology directives such as DIACAP and ICD 503
* Microsoft Office and various configuration management applications such as Contour
* Security monitoring tools (i.e. WASSP,SCAP, HBSS)
* Capability to coordinating graphic designs and production of the documentation
* Information Assurance and Information Condition (INFOCON) requirements
* Active TS/SCI security clearancePreferred Additional Skills:* Bachelors or higher in Information Security, Cyber Security, or another appropriate field with three (3 +) years of related work experienceSecurity Clearance:
This position requires the candidate to already possess an active TS/SCI security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of citizenship. By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions. Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.Job Profile Matching Criteria:Expertise --Systems Administration Education Bachelors (or equivalent work experience) Job Type Full Time Location USA - Washington D.C. .