Market Meeting Director Brazil
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
Recommend afriend - Band 6 USD
Do you seeyourself as the Director Market Sales,Meetings atIHG?
What's yourpassion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we'reinterested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of careand passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guestsat the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like thisto join our friendly and professional team.
IHG Americas Regional Corporate Office located in Atlanta,GA offers a select group of corporate positions to be remotely home-basedthroughout the Americas region. Thisposition is deemed a corporate remote position and may be office or remote rolein order to function more effectively regarding the department s objectives withthedevelopment and maintenanceofaccounts beinghandled primarily through direct sales efforts. The preferred location for thisposition are Brazil.Job Summary
The DirectorMarket Sales, Meetings willmanage sales activity focused on the assigned territory or region. Additionally, the Director Market Sales willengage in business development activities towards achieving direct Groups andMeetings Sales- annual revenue production growth targets. Objectives will be realized through thesuccessful acquisition of Groups business within our IHG decentralized keyaccounts and a- and penetrating the account portfolio for ongoing groups/meetingsrevenue delivery. The Director MarketSales will act as the primary point of contact for the relevant accounts withintheir region to various business partners and stakeholders including owners,management companies, and on-property sales personnel. This role will utilizethe Challenger Sales model throughout the sales process in an effort to shiftshare from the competition and yield positive share growth.
Essential Duties andResponsibilities- Developregional account relationships with group meeting planners and regionally basedcorporate business accounts.
- ManagesGroups account portfolio, and prospect pipeline in collaboration with Business Developmentfor the purpose of shifting volume share into IHG branded hotels.
- Responsiblefor developing revenue, achieving sales goals and performance optimization ofdirect Groups & Meetings customer s share of Groups & Meetings withintheir portfolio.
- Collaboratesales efforts cross-regionally, across departments as required to coordinateactions against defined accounts.
- Researchand prospect all key account and referrals in assigned marketplace Groups &Meetings business needs globally with a designated buyer in the assignedregion.
- Analyzeand maintain appropriate sales reports for internal stakeholders.
- Proposeand Present value proposition, and the benefits of utilizing IHG brands forGroups & Meetings requirements to client prospects.
- Engagementand participation with customers and prospects through client meetings,industry regional trade shows, vendor fairs, sales blitzes, and other relevantactivities.
- Maintainsand updates Account Profile, Account Intelligence, and all relevant fields inIHG Javelin for key accounts in the assigned portfolio.
- Workclosely with Hotel Sales & Marketing support and Major Market directors indriving and securing regional Groups & Meetings business to IHG hotels.
Bachelor's orMaster s Degreein Hospitality, Marketing, Business, ora relevant fieldofwork, or anequivalent combination of educationandwork-relatedexperience preferred. Professional salesdesignations andor certifications preferred.
Experience 6-8 years progressivework-relatedexperience inthehospitality (hotel)industry withatleast 2 years ina multi-property sales roleaswell as demonstrated understanding of technical andbusiness knowledge and understandingofmultiple disciplines or processes related totheposition.
Technical skills andKnowledge
- Demonstrated experiencein organizing, planning and executingstrategic sales plans fromconceptionthrough implementation.
- Understands andhasexperiencein theassigned local andregional markets.
- Extensive knowledge of the segments whichare viable in themarket.
- A good reputationamongthehotel, civic andclient community. Is actively involved in industryrelatedorganizations.
- Demonstrated effectiveverbal andwrittencommunicationskills for the purpose of providinginformationto clients, vendors, senio.