Test Engineer 2
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/24/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONTest Engineer 2Job ID:
Test Engineer 2 Job Location:
Cavalier AFS, North Dakota Job Code:
CN20160308-13342 Job Description:
This candidate must have direct experience with Test Engineer planning, execution, and evaluation. The Test Engineer is responsible for all hardware and software Test Engineer related activities and artifacts for project assigned to supporting under the Weapons System under the Air Force Life Cycle Management Center SENSOR contract. Support the planning and coordination of test related activities include; scheduling test times at various military installations; conducting system, functional, performance, security, safety, and category level testing; evaluating and providing technical assessments at system and software level reviews; supporting analysis on system and component level issues/deficiencies; developing test-related artifacts to include test plans, procedures, reports, cases, and scenarios; supporting the development of technical documentation outlining test configuration and environments; preparing and presenting test related information at informal and formal meetings; recommending/implementing process improvement initiatives; coordination with OTA and DT&E organizations. Responsibilities include:* Review and develop documentation, analysis, and reports related to test results
* Review and develop test tools/scripts in support of testing
* Review and develop test related artifacts to include test plans, procedures, reports, cases, problem reports, deficiency reports, and briefings
* Performs defect tracking during testing and assists in analysis of system and component level issues/deficiencies; assists in the mitigation and resolution of identified issues/deficiencies
* Supports evaluations and provides technical assessment at system and software level reviews
* Supports the development of technical documentation outlining test configuration, levels, methods, and environments
* Supports test activities to include Trial Periods, Operational Test events, Prototype demonstrations, and Training
* Prepares and presents test related information at informal and formal meetings
* Develops and Implements standard test processes
* Recommends and implements process improvement initiatives
* All other duties, as assigned
* Must be willing and able to work shift work (nights, weekends, holidays) for several months at test facilities at Peterson AFB and operational locations.* Must be willing and able to travel for extended periods of time (up to 6 weeks during formal test periods). Qualifications:* Possess BS/BA with at least 4 years of related experience and military or civilian background with emphasis in Software Engineering, Hardware Engineering, Test Engineering and/or Systems Engineering.* 2+ years of professional relevant experience in the Test Activities supporting Missile Warning, Missile Defense, Correlation Centers, or Space Surveillance.* 3+ years of experience with system/software level testing and the understanding and use of hardware and software test tools.* 5+ years Experience in DOD environment, particularly Missile Warning, Missile Defense, Correlation Centers, or Space Surveillance. Preferred Additional Skills:* Demonstrate an ability to develop task specific test tools and be able to receive direction.* Work well in a dynamic, team environment.* Possess and demonstrate good speaking and writing skills, attention to detail, and be proficient in Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel.* Possess an understanding of unit, integration, functional, performance, system, regression, category, safety, and security testing. Security Clearance:
This position requires a Secret security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions. Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Job Profile Matching Criteria:Expertise Engineering Education Bachelors (or equivalent work experience) Job Type Full Time Location USA - ND - Cavalier AFS .