This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Systems AdministratorJob ID:
Systems Administrator Job ID:
Cavalier AFS, NDJob Description:
Harris Corporation is seeking a Secret cleared Systems Administrator-to provide operations support for mission critical systems in Caviler AFS, ND. This individual will be responsible for the system administrations and maintenance of heterogeneous computers systems for the SENSOR contract to include Linux, UNIX and Windows based systems Duties will include:* Responsible for installing and maintaining systems, comprised of Linux, UNIX, and Windows operating systems, in accordance with established policies, procedures and service level agreements in support of DISA STIG baseline requirements.
* Provides operational support for mission critical systems.
* Interacts with Engineering Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to restore service and/or identify and correct system problems.
* Performs system back-ups, restores systems from back-ups.
* Contributes towards the Disaster Recovery and Plan (DRP), back-up systems and disk configurations.
* Be able to generate or maintain moderately complex scripts using Shell and/or PERL tools.
* Monitors network and system activity and troubleshoots outages.
* System configuration experience with SAN/NAS (e.g. NetApp)
* Executes procedures in a sequential order to maintain system operations.
* Interacts with customers with help desk support and with writing service tickets and briefing materials. Qualifications:* Requires a Bachelor's degree (or the equivalent) with a minimum of 5 years of related work experience
* Four (4+) years of system administration and configuration experience in Linux and UNIX
* Four (4+) years of system administration and configuration experience in VMware, Hyper-V, or RHEV
* Four (4+) years managing Windows Server 2008/2012 with Active Directory domain (AD, DNS, GPO)
* 5+ years of experience with Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint Preferred Additional Skills:* DoD 8570 Compliance, must have a current CompTIA Security+ CE certification. (Security + will be required within three months of hire)
* Experience with VMWare technologies
* Possess a strong skill set with Microsoft Office software applications
* Excellent communication skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams. Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. By submitting your resum for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions. Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Job Profile Matching Criteria:Expertise --Systems Administration Education Bachelors (or equivalent work experience) Job Type Full Time Location USA - ND - Cavalier AFS .