Argentina Revenue Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONOFFICE LOCATIONBuenos Aires, ArgentinaARG01WORK WITH USThe Nature Conservancy is the leading conservation organization working to make a positive impact around the world in 69 countries, all 50 United States, and your backyard. Founded in 1951, the mission of The Nature Conservancy is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. Visit www.nature.org/about-us to learn more.The Nature Conservancy offers competitive compensation, 401k or savings-plan matching for eligible employees, excellent benefits, flexible work policies and a collaborative work environment. We also provide professional development opportunities and promote from within. As a result, you will find a culture that supports and inspires conservation achievement and personal development, both within the workplace and beyond.POSITION SUMMARYThe Donor Relations Manager I (DRM I) assists in the implementation of tactics for the ongoing development and cultivation of diverse sources of revenue including but not limited to, donors, corporate relationships, public funds, multilateral organizations, and others. S/he conducts initial exploratory meetings with existing and potential sources of fundraising, donors and prospects to determine capacity for giving and requirements for applying or accessing to funding. The DRM I provides ongoing opportunities for contact with past and current contributors.
* ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
* The Donor Relations Manager I is responsible for the identification and qualification of new and planned gift prospects, other sources of fundraising (like corporate engagement or public funds) and assists in cultivating and soliciting donors through direct contact or through the regional or global Filantrophy staff; prepares and submits proposals to other sources of revenue. The DRM I will coordinate work with senior fundraisers. S/he will move prospects capable of gifts of higher amounts to the prospect pool for management by senior fundraising staff and integration into the Moves Management process. S/he will work on a variety of activities including providing program information to prospects and drafting routine correspondence and acknowledgments. S/he uses the Conservancy's donor databases to update donor information, produces reports, and tracks and cultivates donors and other relationships. The DRM I identifies the correct contacts to go to for information on gifts of assets. S/he will effectively communicate or distribute information to assist staff in making decisions, solving problems, and improving workflow. S/he will also collaborate in establishing a solid network of external contacts in Argentina and will assist the local staff in all institutional relations related activities. Will also act as local contact point for Marketing and External Communications functions. Provides Trustee liaison support to the TNC Boards in Argentina, and other high level volunteers. This includes regular communications as well as logistical support for events and other activitiesThe position is based in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Donor Relations Manager I is supervised by the Revenue Director- Southern Andes and will be a member of the Revenue team. S/he will also work closely with the Conservation Manager and Project Managers in Argentina
* RESPONSIBILITIES & SCOPE
* Act independently on assigned tasks and exercise independent judgment based on analysis and experience.
* Annual fundraising goal of $100,000 or more, along with a goal for bequest notifications.
* Coordinate projects with several variables, work within a defined timeline and budget.
* Does not supervise any staff, but may supervise interns, volunteers and/or temporary staff.
* Ensure compliance with TNC policies and procedures and external (donor/legal/IRS) requirements.
* Financial responsibility includes working within a budget and meeting fundraising goals for local and worldwide conservation.
* Manage a portfolio of 75 - 125 individual donors with the capacity to make a gift up to $10,000 once the portfolio is developed and be responsible for 75 - 125 visits and 225 - 375 moves annually.
* Persuasively convey the mission of TNC to diverse groups who are important to the organization's overall prosperity.
* Refers difficult questions and unusual problems to supervisors.
* Travel and work flexible hours.
* Work environment involves only infrequent exposure to disagreeable elements and minor physical exertion and/or strain.
* Work is diversified and may not always fall under established practices and guidelines.
* Work within scope of program's strategic goals
* MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelor's degree and 4 years of experience or equivalent combination.
* Experience building relationships with donors, corporations, government agencies, volunteers, customers, or similar.
* Experience generating reports and interpreting the data.
* Experience in business writing, editing, and proofreading
* Experience with database administration and spreadsheet software.
* Experience working across teams.
* Experience, coursework, or other training in fundraising principles & practices.
* Negotiation experience and developing commercial proposal
* PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
* Ability to determine an individual's interests, capacity and potential for helping the Conservancy meet its goals, and act appropriately to tie those interests with the Conservancy's work.
* Ability to implement individualized cultivation, solicitation and recognition plans.
* Ability to use existing technology to achieve desired results.
* Direct fundraising related experience.
* Experience in managing and tracking multiple prospects and donors.
* Knowledge of current trends in the specific field.
* Strong organization skills, accuracy, and attention to detail.
* Fluent Spanish, good spoken and written English a requirementHOW TO APPLYTo apply to position number 44604, submit resume (required) and cover letter separately using the upload buttons. All applications must be submitted in the system prior to 11:
59 p.m. Eastern Time on September 15, 2016.Click 'submit' to apply for the position or 'save for later' to create a draft application for future submission. Once submitted, applications cannot be revised or edited. Failure to complete required fields may result in your application being disqualified from consideration.If you experience technical issues, please refer to our applicant user guide or contact email@example.com.
* The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
* Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of men and women of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
* The successful applicant must meet the requirements of
* The Nature Conservancy's background screening process.
* Job Title:
* Argentina Revenue Manager
* Job ID:
* Full/Part Time:
* Full-Time .