Deputy Director of Finance
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONOFFICE LOCATIONMexico City, Mexico (MEX) or Bogota, Columbia (COL) or Lima, Peru (PER) or Santiago, Chile (CHI) or Sao Paolo, Brazil (BRA)PER02WORK WITH USThe Nature Conservancy is the leading conservation organization working to make a positive impact around the world in 69 countries, all 50 United States, and your backyard. Founded in 1951, the mission of The Nature Conservancy is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. Visit www.nature.org/about-us to learn more.The Nature Conservancy offers competitive compensation, 401k or savings-plan matching for eligible employees, excellent benefits, flexible work policies and a collaborative work environment. We also provide professional development opportunities and promote from within. As a result, you will find a culture that supports and inspires conservation achievement and personal development, both within the workplace and beyond.POSITION SUMMARYThe Deputy Director of Finance provides sophisticated business and financial expertise to support financial sustainability in the Latin America Region.
* ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
* The Deputy Director of Finance supports the Latin America Finance and Operations Director by providing sophisticated strategic and analytical frameworks to design and implement models that will create further efficiencies in data management and decision-making. He/she collaborates with senior management to address key financial issues. He/she may lead budgeting, forecasting, controlling and reporting processes across the Region. He/she acts as a trainer and coach in financial analysis for all Finance staff across the Region.
* RESPONSIBILITIES & SCOPE
* Designs and leads the development of models to enhance data management and decision-making.
* Manages ad-hoc projects to address key financial issues.
* Leads financial processes such as budgeting, forecasting, controlling, and reporting.
* Ensures the work is collaborative and well-integrated across organization.
* Makes independent decisions frequently based on analysis, experience and judgment.
* Ensures programmatic commitments, TNC policies and procedures, financial standards and legal requirements are met and managed for compliance.
* May direct or participate in negotiations for complex, high profile or sensitive agreements.
* MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelor's degree and 5 years' experience in a private sector environment, such as management consulting and investment banking, or with a leading conservation organization or government entity, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Experience developing and implementing complex projects and strategic initiatives in an unstructured environment.
* Experience designing and implementing complex data management solutions in an unstructured environment.
* Experience leading and managing large scale projects, including working with both internal and external stakeholders.
* Experience in financial analytics.
* Proficiency at managing financial processes.
* Experience negotiating complex agreements.
* PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
* Strong team player who can build relationships and work collaboratively across the organization.
* Superior written and oral communications.
* Experience in an international / multicultural environment.
* Fluency in English and Spanish or Portuguese.
* MBA or similar degree with significant coursework in finance or economics.HOW TO APPLYTo apply to position number 44450, submit resume and cover letter as one document. All applications must be submitted in the system prior to 11:
59 p.m. Eastern Time on September 16, 2016.Click 'submit' to apply for the position or 'save for later' to create a draft application for future submission. Once submitted, applications cannot be revised or edited. Failure to complete required fields may result in your application being disqualified from consideration.If you experience technical issues, please refer to our applicant user guide or contact email@example.com.
* The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
* Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of men and women of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
* The successful applicant must meet the requirements of
* The Nature Conservancy's background screening process.
* Job Title:
* Deputy Director of Finance
* Latin America Region
* Job ID:
* Full/Part Time:
* Full-Time .