This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY - - - # Manager, Communications Department:
Communications MC - - - # Description*
* Requisition ID
* Job Title:
* Communications Manager*
* Position Summary:
* Reporting to the Director, Internal Communications, the Communications Manager is responsible for supporting City of Hope's enterprise\-wide transformation agenda\. She/he will have responsibility for both strategic communications plan development and tactical program execution related to enterprise transformation, organizational redesign and change management\. The primary responsibility will be to design and implement communication strategies to enable culture change, ensure adoption and readiness, align leadership, engage employees, and measure results\. The manager will work collaboratively with program leads Marketing & Communications colleagues and the office of the Chief Transformation Officer to inform, connect and engage employees in transformation initiatives across the organization\.*
* Key Responsibilities include:
* + Partner with key stakeholders across City of Hope to support transformation programs and strategic initiatives; develop and implement integrated communications plans; and evaluate impact and effectiveness\. Develop internal communication strategies that foster a shared vision of the future state focused on the value delivered as a result of transformation and change\. + Develop and deliver broad\-based and targeted communications and materials in support of the enterprise transformation initiatives\. Distill information into creative, clear, crisp, compelling messages that are disseminated across the organization through multiple channels and platforms\. + Build relationships with transformation program leaders, project managers and key stakeholders across the organization in order to become a trusted partner\. Provide the methods and guidance to enable informed decision\-making which facilitates the adoption of supporting change process\. Integrate plans and content with appropriate departments within City of Hope e\.g\., Transformation Office, Marketing & Communications, Human Resources/Organizational Development, Operations, etc\. + Define and measure success metrics and monitor change progress and communication effectiveness\. Develop, track and maintain detailed communication project plans and timelines to ensure successful delivery of communications campaigns\. + Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan\. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality\. + Performs other related duties as assigned or requested\.*
* Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
* + Bachelor's Degree + 5\+ years relevant experience in a Corporate Communications capacity with relevant experience in change communications, with proven track record developing and executing creative internal communications strategies and plans for a large diverse organization + Good working knowledge of all aspects of public relations, media relations, social media, advertising, marketing, event marketing and business development + Superb interpersonal and client service skills with ability to work with managers and leadership at the highest levels within City of Hope + Ability to quickly grasp information across a variety of disciplines, translate complex ideas and create clear, easy to understand communications to a wide array of audiences + Able to influence 'up and down' to achieve project objectives \(i\.e\., soliciting and reconciling feedback from multiple sources\) + Skilled at seeing both the big picture and details to find innovation content across the enterprise + Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges + Proven project management skills \(planning and time management\) and excellent organizational skills + Proficient in MS Office Suite + Web editing/content management systems + City of Hope has a high standard of editorial integrity; excellent writing and editing skills are a must as well as good oral presentation skills*
* Preferred skills and experience:
* + Master's Degree + Healthcare communications experience + Experience in an academic medical center or nonprofit hospital + Experience collaborating with teams in a professional services or large matrix company + Experience with large scale organization change efforts + Experience with, and knowledge of, change management principles, methodologies and tools and the ability to translate theory into practice*
* About City of Hope:
* City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life\-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient\-centered philosophy\. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non\-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand\-in\-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research\. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment\. City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced\.City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer\. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability\. \
* LI\-DB .